Hardware Which Graphic Experience is Better 3DS or PS Vita?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeomelsonBato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am wondering lately that which handheld Graphics will be better Higher Resolution or 3D Gaming???

Like i said Nintendo 3DS has a 3D but is it an Advantage?? is playing 3D are better than the resolution look at the image below:
3DS-Screen.gif

or a Higher Resolution than the 3D?? Like the Pic Below:

uncharted-golden-abyss-psvita-demo.jpg

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
For me Higher Resolution+Better Graphics is the best option. 3D is just meh. When I had my 3DS I turned on the 3D like 4 times only.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't really want 3D, I just wanted a next-gen handheld. Should've waited for the Vita. :ha:
but hey, at least I get Super Smash Bros....

If you want graphics, go with the Vita.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Graphics experience is actually really opinion-based. A person may find HD better because of the clarity, extra specifics etc. vice versa for 3D.

What I suggest? Nothing. Go try both. Try out the 3DS demos at shops, then try the Vita. PSV is already out in the west.

I also suggest not judging a console just on graphics.

Okay. I think I'll leave now before this becomes another war thread.

Reactions: 10 people

jrk190

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion, the 3DS would be better. I've never been a big fan of Sony, but the 3DS is good for several reasons:
3DS Pros:
The depth slider allows for a crisp or smooth 3D Experience.
The graphics are HD (In my opinion), but can become jagged in some areas.
I'm assuming that developers are now making games that were on console for 3DS. Better 3rd party games have appeared
No paying or surcharges for usage, or subscriptions.
DLC is supposed to be mostly free.
3DS Cons:
In my experience, I've lost a bit of my depth perception.
The graphics are disappointing in 2D
The capabilities are not being used to their maximum potential, IMO
There are a lack of games with a good variety of gameplay.
DLC hasn't been implemented
Lack of "Homebrew Scene" (It is my understanding that the Vita had been hacked... Not sure...)

It's all my opinion though, and I own a PSP. I am rather disappointed, but I still have to cast a Nintendo Vote.

Reactions: 1 person

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm a nintendo fanboy, so I'll always choose 3ds for the first party titles, but aside from 3D and greater portability, I think the Vita is physically a better system in quite literally every way. If you don't care for Nintendo-exclusive titles, I can't honestly recommend the 3DS over the Vita. But that's just me.

my personal recommendation? wait a good six months and see what games the vita has available.

PS: also forgot another con of the Vita is their purposeful monopoly to force you to spend more money. Example, the special memory cards that you can only buy from them. Complete bs, especially considering a standard sd card of greater storage is MUCH cheaper than theirs. It's one of the main reasons I avoid sony gaming in the first place.

Reactions: 1 person

high.kaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Depends, try the 3DS out, the 3D has different effects on different types of people. For example, it makes me cry and burns my eyes while my friend can play with it all day. But I do agree that it's awesome, but it's still rather subjective.

saberjoy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
if you did not know it , thats not a 3ds in the pic , its a ds.
anyways, if you talk about specs and stuff ,then the vita is the superior option because its much more powerful than the 3ds, the only thing the 3ds has going for it is the 3d, i have a 3ds and i am enjoying it as of now, cant wait for the games that are coming up. i have a psp and a ps2 as well so i have seen what sony has to offer so i am going to give you my unbiased opinion.
graphics dont matter for me because i believe that if the 3ds can play mh3g at 60 fps, thats enough for me.
but if you wait it out then i am sure psvita would be getting some superb titles in the coming months as it has a lot of potential.
so you should probably wait a few months to see the games on which side interest you.
and yeah try out a 3ds or a vita
my personal opinion
go for a vita =p

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The top picture is so 3D that it projects out and overlaps the gap between the screens. Even if the 3DS had absolutely perfect 3D it wouldn't be across both screens like that.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the 3DS's Graphics because its simplistic and vibrant, I hate HD games where I have to spend a good 6 or 7 minutes in one room looking around for Ammo, or the weapons have to be highlighted for me to find them. But without a doubt the vita has better graphics, IMO the 3D is just a nice effect that helps in some cases and makes things a bit FUN. But, this should be in general discussion and not 3DS or Vita forums or else it could just lead to random vita fans strikes of walls of text about how their system is better or vise-versa.

kimekaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Powerhouse-wise, the Vita is superior. This did not stop far better games from coming out on the DS during the original PSP's run though.

Something to keep in mind.

Reactions: 3 people

saberjoy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
The top picture is so 3D that it projects out and overlaps the gap between the screens. Even if the 3DS had absolutely perfect 3D it wouldn't be across both screens like that.
wait, thats impossible, the parallax barrier does not allow any modification in the *vertical* plane, so it is practically impossible for the image on the top screen to appear as if its overlapping or covering the distance between the two screens,
either this or there is sumthing wrong with your eyes as i have never experienced such thing
EDIT: forget it i think i misinterpreted your post. my bad :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I hate these DIY furniture kits so bad