Hacking which GC controller do i need for wii u nintendont , and is also switch compatible?

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is probably been asked a lot before but i can't find any straightforward info

i got a free amazon credit i need to use before it expires next week and i couldn't think of anything i wanted to spend it on

so i decided i want to try and get one of those 4 port GC to USB adapter like official or mayflash or other generic one

mainly i want to use it for GC games on WII U ,i have nintendon't with forwarders set up on my WII U that i forgot how i set up
i think i used some easy method from that ISO sites download section to set it all up , all my GC games are on my wii u external USB HDD
and launch from the WII U home menu

i am using non cold boot haxchi and have no CFW setup

so can anyone tell me if i can play GC games (other than smash which have no interest in) with the official GC and wavebird and which adapter i should get to do this
bonus if it will work with switch and PC too

not sure which one i need or which one is best , but i rater a 4 port one that is USB and not one that plugs into the wii mote

and also if i need any other homebrew or need to set anything else up or adjust any nintendon't settings

Litle_Bird

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
With Hid-to-vpad a Wavebird (or any gc controller) over the mayflash 4controller gc-adapter will work, both on Switch and Wii U.

On the switch it works for most games out of the box, the Wii u on the otherhand you will need to run Hid-to-vpad on every boot

Reactions: weatMod

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can even use a Pro Controller Highly Recommend it for some Games but I think Official works best not the knock offs. They may not work.

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With Hid-to-vpad a Wavebird (or any gc controller) over the mayflash 4controller gc-adapter will work, both on Switch and Wii U.

On the switch it works for most games out of the box, the Wii u on the otherhand you will need to run Hid-to-vpad on every boot
so i should be able to use it even though i will need my external USB drive plugged in at the same time right?
i think only one of the 2 USB plugs is for input data , the other is just for power and everything but rumble will work with only one USB plugged in right,and if i want rumble i can plug the second USB type A into phone charger/USB power brick correct?

i was looking at these 2
https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded】-Ga...r+adapter&qid=1555114649&s=electronics&sr=1-3

https://www.amazon.com/GameCube-Ada...CV5501N15ZN&psc=1&refRID=2RJXKMKSECV5501N15ZN

do you think either of these will work?
all of the adapter links in the nintendon't thread are broken now

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

but does it work for GC injects that use nintendon't ?
once i run hid to vpad then i launch a GC inject then it will go to vwii mode and i don't think hid to vpad will still be working

i saw this thread but i am still very confused here

https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont-on-wiiu-with-pro-controller-gc-controllers.506424/

i did not make these injects myself
i got them from the VC injects thread over at that ISO site
and seems like to me that this post
indicates that when the injects are made that some option needs to be selected in the inject converter tool

for it to be able to support GC controllers?

"Ok now I feel really stupid not checking beforehand.

But I tried the "Don't use gamepad as controller" on the Advanced tab of TeconMoon's tool. The app launched prompting a wiimote. When the game started, my Gamecube controller was recognized instantly via the GC adapter.

Then I thought "wait, I've never tried to start my injected games via wiimote".

Absolutely all my GC games that I injected for the gamepad also worked with the GC controller. Just reject the gamepad prompt when you start the game. That's it."

Last edited by weatMod,

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think either one of them should work, as long as it's stated to work on the Wii U, https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded】-Gamecube-Controller-Lxuemlu-Nintendo/dp/B07MCBST5V/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=gc+controller+adapter&qid=1555114649&s=electronics&sr=1-3 looks like the one I have, but I won't guarantee it.
have you used yours with GC injects that launch from the wii u home screen though?
i got my injects from the VC injects thread on that iso site and i used the files from the OP over there to set up my SD card for nintendon't
so i am not sure if it will work with those

Litle_Bird

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I have with games I injected myself, you will need to press a button on the controller in the first 20 seconds that nintendont runs, but yes it should work.

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have with games I injected myself, you will need to press a button on the controller in the first 20 seconds that nintendont runs, but yes it should work.
not working for me what exactly do i need to do here?

do i need to go into nintendon't and change settings?
idon;t know how to get into it except for launching a game and i can;t get into settings that way
i used the inject thread on that ISO site so i have no clue what i am doing
i used the files from that thread and injects from that thread

D

Deleted User

search for a 5 star one. not even officials have 5 stars but no matter what you do do not use the old skool adapter

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
search for a 5 star one. not even officials have 5 stars but no matter what you do do not use the old skool adapter
i have a feeling it still is not going to work no matter which adapter i buy
i think i am doing something wrong
are there any more settings i need to check?

i don't even know how to get into the nintendon't settings , how do i get into them?
i tried going to wii mode and there is nothing in there
i can launch games from the forwarders but how do i get into nintendont to change settings?
besides this problem i also want to get in there to change settings to try and get the triforce games working

the adapter has a black USB and grey one i used the black one , i only have one USB port free because my HDD i needs to be plugged in because all my games are on the external HDD
there were no instruction with this think but from what i understand you only need the black unless you want rumble is that right ,i guess this color coding is pretty much universal right?
i feel like it is not the adapter i feel like i just have no clue what i am doing

does it matter which USB i port i plug the adapter into ,
will it even work if i have an external HDD plugged in at the same time?
will it even work if i am using forwarders and have the GC games on the external HDD

Last edited by weatMod,
D

Deleted User

i have a feeling it still is not going to work no matter which adapter i buy
i think i am doing something wrong
are there any more settings i need to check?

i don't even know how to get into the nintendon't settings , how do i get into them?
i tried going to wii mode and there is nothing in there
i can launch games from the forwarders but how do i get into nintendont to change settings?
besides this problem i also want to get in there to change settings to try and get the triforce games working

the adapter has a black USB and grey one i used the black one , i only have one USB port free because my HDD i needs to be plugged in because all my games are on the external HDD
there were no instruction with this think but from what i understand you only need the black unless you want rumble is that right ,i guess this color coding is pretty much universal right?
i feel like it is not the adapter i feel like i just have no clue what i am doing

does it matter which USB i port i plug the adapter into ,
will it even work if i have an external HDD plugged in at the same time?
will it even work if i am using forwarders and have the GC games on the external HDD
If you connect both the gray and black wires you get rumble

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you connect both the gray and black wires you get rumble
right but i only need the black one connected for it to work right ?
does it matter which USB port it is plugged into ? i have it plugged into the top one
my HDD is plugged into the bottom one, black US of the adapter is plugged into the top port

D

Deleted User

right but i only need the black one connected for it to work right ?
does it matter which USB port it is plugged into ? i have it plugged into the top one
my HDD is plugged into the bottom one, black US of the adapter is plugged into the top port
Doesn’t matter and for it to work yes you only need the black one

Last edited by ,

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn’t matter and for it to work yes you only need the black one
do i need to change any setting in nintendon't ?

i can't get into nintendon't setting menu
i set it up with files from the thread on the ISO site and used the injects from that thread which work fine
but when i go in the vWII there is nothing in there and no way to get in it from the wii u menu either so how would i even get to the settings menu?

D

Deleted User

do i need to change any setting in nintendon't ?

i can't get into nintendon't setting menu
i set it up with files from the thread on the ISO site and used the injects from that thread which work fine
but when i go in the vWII there is nothing in there and no way to get in it from the wii u menu either so how would i even get to the settings menu?
If you have a wiimote then enter nintendont, select the device where the games are located and press b then you enter the settings. Navigate down to native controller and turn it on. Note this will disable other hid controller functionality like ps3 controller

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a wiimote then enter nintendont, select the device where the games are located and press b then you enter the settings. Navigate down to native controller and turn it on. Note this will disable other hid controller functionality like ps3 controller
i don't have nintendon't that is the problem
i have only autoboot forwarders injected games and i uses files from the thread where i got them to
setup my Sd card for nintendon't but there is no nintendon't homebrew option in wiiu or vwii menu

i just installed a forwarder for nintendon't from that thread "nintendon't forwarder by fix94"
i got into the settings now , i see the option for native control and it is set to off
but it is greyed out , when i put the cursor next to that option it says at the bottom
"this option is not available on wii u since it does not have built-in game cube controller ports

nintendon't version says nintendon't loader v5.483 (wii vc)

maybe i need another version on nintendon't?

D

Deleted User

i don't have nintendon't that is the problem
i have only autoboot forwarders injected games and i uses files from the thread where i got them to
setup my Sd card for nintendon't but there is no nintendon't homebrew option in wiiu or vwii menu

i just installed a forwarder for nintendon't from that thread "nintendon't forwarder by fix94"
i got into the settings now , i see the option for native control and it is set to off
but it is greyed out , when i put the cursor next to that option it says at the bottom
"this option is not available on wii u since it does not have built-in game cube controller ports

nintendon't version says nintendon't loader v5.483 (wii vc)

maybe i need another version on nintendon't?
Just launch your games from the nintendont homebrew app. The gamecube adapter support is built in

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just launch your games from the nintendont homebrew app. The gamecube adapter support is built in
no it doesn't work and the option for the native control is greyed out
and wheni try and select USB where my games are i get this error message
'" warning: USB FAT device could no be opened"
how do i update it so that i can enable the native control option?

EDIT: ok i got the option that says native control enabled to on and it still doesn't work
but it does not seem to say put
if i launch the nintendon't forwarder again i see that the option is not set to on
how do i make the setting stay set to on?
seem like soon as i exit and relaunch it it goes right back to off again
does this have to be enabled at launch so if the games are being launched with autoboot forwarder then i can't have it stay enabled or something?
is there a way to edit the config file of nintendont so that it will always keep this option enabled even when i autoboot the games from the forwarders?

Last edited by weatMod,
D

Deleted User

no it doesn't work and the option for the native control is greyed out
and wheni try and select USB where my games are i get this error message
'" warning: USB FAT device could no be opened"
how do i update it so that i can enable the native control option?
If you are on Wii U for the hard drive you need a y cable to activate the hard drive and which is the brand of your adapter?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night