Which Games to add to my Library ?

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So...i need Games for my Wii U..and i want you to give me suggestions which Games i should have in my Library......the Triple A and AA Titles i do have all...i'm looking for the Pearls....the Underdogs...you know?

Write which Game, what Genre and a little of the of the Content (Game Mechanic) :)

Transdude1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It cannot he emphasized enough that you're wasting your time asking for suggestions. The reason I say this is that there are far too many games out there for people to go off hand and list all of the "best" ones one should download (Especially when people have such varying tastes). Not to mention all the games that are region exclusive and such. If you want perhaps the best suggestion of what games are worth playing in the Wii U, go into someplace like GameFaqs, go through and look up each and every game that was released on the system, and make note of the ones that interest you based on the screenshots and trailers.

Outside of that, the only thing I can offer is my two lists of Wii U games. The first are titles that I own (Green are ones that I have played and can recommend):
  • Armilli
  • Batman: Arkham Origins
  • Bayonetta
  • Bayonetta 2
  • BIT.TRIP Presents...Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
  • Daikon Set
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
  • Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
  • Just Dance 4
  • Just Dance 2014
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  • Need for Speed: Most Wanted U
  • NintendoLand
  • OlliOlli
  • Shovel Knight
  • Sportsball
  • Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones
  • SteamWorld Dig
  • The Fall
  • The Wonderful 101
  • Trine 2: Director's Cut
  • Woah Dave!
  • Watch_Dogs
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X (Japanese release is uncensored)
  • Xtype+
  • ZombiU
Now, this second list I'll be posting are of games that are on my wishlist that I haven't bought nor downloaded yet:
  • 8Bit Hero
  • 007 Legends
  • 1001 Spikes
  • Abyss
  • Adventures of Pip
  • Affordable Space Adventures
  • Alphadia Genesis
  • Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures
  • Art of Balance
  • Assassin's Creed III
  • Axiom Verge
  • Batman: Arkham City
  • Blok Drop U
  • Blok Drop X: Twisted Fusion
  • Brave Tank Hero
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts
  • Child of Light
  • Citadale: Gate of Souls
  • Citadale - The Legends Trilogy
  • Commander Keen in Keen Dreams: Definitive Edition
  • Cube Life: Island Survival
  • Darksiders: Warmastered Edition
  • Defend your Crypt
  • Devil's Third
  • Don't Starve
  • Dot Artist
  • Dr. Luigi & Saikin Bokumetsu
  • Dragon Fantasy: The Black Tome of Ice
  • Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria
  • Egokoro Kyoushitsu: Sketch
  • Exile's End
  • FAST Racing Neo
  • Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water (Japanese version is uncensored).
  • forma.8
  • Gaiabreaker
  • Hikuosu World
  • Hive Jump
  • How to Survive
  • Ittle Dew
  • Kick & Fennick
  • Knytt Underground
  • Kung Fu Rabbit
  • LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
  • LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
  • Lego City Undercover
  • Lego: The Hobbit
  • Life of Pixel
  • Lost Reavers
  • Lucadian Chronicles
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars
  • Master Reboot
  • Midnight
  • Midnight 2
  • Mighty Switch Force! 2
  • Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
  • Mutant Mudds Deluxe
  • Mutant Mudds: Super Challenge
  • Nano Assault Neo
  • Never Alone
  • Nihilumbra
  • Noitu Love: Devolution
  • Octodad: Dadliest Catch
  • Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty!
  • Olympia Rising
  • Paper Monsters Recut
  • Pikmin 3
  • Pirate Pop Plus
  • Pixel Paint
  • Plantera
  • Pokemon Scramble U
  • Pokken Tournament
  • PONCHO
  • PuchiCon BIG
  • Puddle
  • Pure Chess
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris
  • Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut
  • Quest of Dungeons
  • Race The Sun
  • Rayman Legends
  • Revenant Saga
  • Rock Zombie
  • Rodea: The Sky Soldier
  • RTO
  • RTO 2
  • RTO 3
  • Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut
  • Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
  • Simple DL Series for Wii U Volume 1
  • Simple DL Series for Wii U Volume 2
  • Sky Force Anniversary
  • Slender: The Arrival
  • Sniper Elite V2
  • Sonic & All-Star Racing Transformed
  • Sonic Lost World
  • Space Hulk
  • Spheroids
  • Splatoon
  • Star Fox Zero
  • Star Wars Pinball
  • SteamWorld Heist
  • Super Destronaut 2: Go Duck Yourself
  • Super Meat Boy
  • Tachyon Project
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2
  • Teslagrad
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist
  • The Cave
  • The Deer God
  • The Fall Part 2: Unbound
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
  • The Mysterious Cities of Gold: Secret Paths
  • The Swapper
  • Thomas Was Alone
  • Togabito no Senritsu
  • Toki Tori
  • Toki Tori 2
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Japanese release is uncensored)
  • Touch Battle Sensha SP
  • Twisted Fusion
  • Typoman
  • Unepic
  • Vaccine
  • Vektor Wars
  • WordsUp! Academy
  • Xeodrifter
  • Yakuman Houou
  • Yakuza 1 & 2 HD
  • Year Walk
  • ZEN Pinball 2

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I didn't ask for the best Games all over, i asked for suggestions of Members, there own "Best" Game...and thx for the Lists :)

Could i play Japanese and USA Games on a EUR WII U?

Last edited by Blauhasenpopo,

Kazmar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenoblade Chronicles X, Bayonetta 2, and Pikmin 3. The latter two are on the Switch of course but Xenoblade X is actually incredible for so many reasons. It's censored, but all that amounts to is covering up the Lin a bit more when in a swimsuit and removing a boob size slider in the character creator, so it's no dealbreaker. You can play out of region games if you homebrew your console.

Transdude1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For goodies use Google, there are some great lists. Also don't focus on Wii U games (as others said there aren't that many) but VC (injects), too, especially Wii and Gamecube (as they run natively, so best possible experience).

Kazmar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They also censor the Japanese ritual costumes and the late-game content, as well. In fact, the extent of the changes made to XCX are not yet fully due to how large the game is. If you want to patch the game (Uncensor and undub it), go to this thread.
That's interesting! I thought I was fairly thorough before starting, but I missed some stuff. Even still, I was more there for the giant robots then the boobs and traditional undergarments haha. I don't think it really impacted the 110 hours I spent in the game.

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

Transdude1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even still, I was more there for the giant robots then the boobs and traditional undergarments haha. I don't think it really impacted the 110 hours I spent in the game.
I have to personally disagree for several reasons. First of all, if you're just looking for giant robots, but find breasts too "icky", there are SO many other alternatives you should be spending your time playing instead. There's the Super Robot Wars and Front Mission series (If you like tactical games), there is Transformers: Devastation and the Zone of the Enders series (For a character-action title), the Lost Planet series and Slave Zero (If you want a shooter), Cyberbots and Tech Romancer (If you're into fighting games); and, if you want an RPG, there's the Battletech series, the Wild Arms series, and the Steambot Chronicles series.

Second, the reason Monolith put the content in the game is because they wanted to give players the freedom to customize their avatars and characters however they wanted, similar to the previous Xenoblade on the Wii (You know, where Shulk can run around in his undies, which is an alternate skin for him in Smash Bros.). When I loaded up the game, the avatar I created was running around in pants and a bikini because I liked the look of Yoko from Gurren Lagann and wanted to play as a character like her. That's not to mention the fact that not all women look like 18-year-old models with C cup breasts. Some women have far larger breasts sizes and others are constantly harassed to show ID because of how young they look. Why should they be denied the ability to be represented or create themselves in a game because a couple of prudes in an office are nymphomaniacs who see sexual meaning in everything?

And, third, and most importantly, these companies are not my parents. Their job is to translate the damn thing and nothing else. That is what they're paid money to do. And, they failed. They failed so spectacularly that 8-4, the company who translated XCX, hasn't touched XC2 and 3, both of which have their translations handled by Treehouse Europe, who also did the original game.

If you're okay with companies who think they know better than you do, who censor the content that people want, that's entirely up to you and your own opinion. I, other hand, find it to be extremely unacceptable and unprofessional.

elpapadelospollitos

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
A game I personally liked a lot and don't really see recommended anywhere is Ziggurat, it's a fps roguelike and plays like a cross of heretic and serious sam.

The only bad thing is that has framedrops, but I don't think it's a wii u issue, considering this happens on other consoles too, i believe the game just wasn't optimized enough before release, if you disable the fancy effects in options it should run better, or you can always overclock for a smoother experience.

Kazmar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to personally disagree for several reasons. First of all, if you're just looking for giant robots, but find breasts too "icky", there are SO many other alternatives you should be spending your time playing instead. There's the Super Robot Wars and Front Mission series (If you like tactical games), there is Transformers: Devastation and the Zone of the Enders series (For a character-action title), the Lost Planet series and Slave Zero (If you want a shooter), Cyberbots and Tech Romancer (If you're into fighting games); and, if you want an RPG, there's the Battletech series, the Wild Arms series, and the Steambot Chronicles series.

Second, the reason Monolith put the content in the game is because they wanted to give players the freedom to customize their avatars and characters however they wanted, similar to the previous Xenoblade on the Wii (You know, where Shulk can run around in his undies, which is an alternate skin for him in Smash Bros.). When I loaded up the game, the avatar I created was running around in pants and a bikini because I liked the look of Yoko from Gurren Lagann and wanted to play as a character like her. That's not to mention the fact that not all women look like 18-year-old models with C cup breasts. Some women have far larger breasts sizes and others are constantly harassed to show ID because of how young they look. Why should they be denied the ability to be represented or create themselves in a game because a couple of prudes in an office are nymphomaniacs who see sexual meaning in everything?

And, third, and most importantly, these companies are not my parents. Their job is to translate the damn thing and nothing else. That is what they're paid money to do. And, they failed. They failed so spectacularly that 8-4, the company who translated XCX, hasn't touched XC2 and 3, both of which have their translations handled by Treehouse Europe, who also did the original game.

If you're okay with companies who think they know better than you do, who censor the content that people want, that's entirely up to you and your own opinion. I, other hand, find it to be extremely unacceptable and unprofessional.
I never said I find them icky, I mean, I love boobs. Saying I'm there for giant robots was also an oversimplification - I'm there for the world, the sidequests, the story, the combat, all of it really. I'm a huge fan of the first Xenoblade game (I've played it nine times), and I at least appreciate the second one but I think it's shortcomings are too much. Zone of the Enders has been on my list for a while and it's something I've really wanted to play for a while, but I haven't heard of a lot of those other games so I appreciate the suggestions. I do think that the censorship is stupid but in the end their job was more than just translation, it was a localization which is more than just translating, however they did go too far, saying they failed spectacularly is an overstatement I'd say. I'm not exactly okay with companies thinking they know better than me, but you've gotta admit what they did change isn't a huge part of the game really. I don't agree with it but I'm not super angry about it.

Transdude1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but in the end their job was more than just translation
No, it's not. They're job is translate, nothing more. They're NOT there to reinterpret the script that was written. NOR is it their job to "fix" any errors that are present in the original product. Their job is exclusively to translate a video game from the Japanese language into the English language.

it was a localization which is more than just translating
And, that's where you've been fed the lie.

"Localization" is a made-up term pushed by progressives in translations companies (Specifically those in translating Japanese media, because similar actions for other languages, or when translating something more important (I.E. Tech manuals or government documents), would be result in a firing on the spot) who think that people (As in you) are far too ignorant to grasp the concept that there are other countries, with different ideals and politics, than those that you experience inside your own little corner of the world. To phrase it another way, in this particular context, they think that you (Being an American) are too racist and xenophobic of a person to understand and accept that the Japanese would include such content in a video game (Because American media never had lewd content at any point in history). So, their changes are "justified" since you couldn't understand a concept that is foreign to your own, anyway.

but you've gotta admit what they did change isn't a huge part of the game really
But, that's where it starts, and that's the issue. If you don't call them out when they censor something that you don't care about or consider to be "insignificant", then where's your justification when they DO censor something of far more importance or something that you consider to be significant? Hell, with the precedent that XCX set, as they also censored a Japanese cultural outfit, that indicates that the Japanese game developers cannot even talk about or reference their own culture because it may offend someone outside of their little island.

I don't agree with it but I'm not super angry about it.
That's understandable as you have different priorities than I do. And, I do have to agree that I'm not angry about it myself. I used to be, but now I just find it as tiring. Because, after a certain point, the only real solution is to learn Japanese, myself, and buy the original version released in Japan to avoid some of these issues altogether, or other issues such as Western prudes blocking releases of titles. However, as I also learned over the past several years, that doesn't stop these translations companies from trying to censor the media at the source, or demanding that developers cripple their own game. But, then again, there are also instances where the developers have shown that they just don't care what happens to anyone (For context, NISA handles nearly all of Falcom's ports, even in Japan).

Last edited by Transdude1996,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.