Which game would you like to see remastered? And why?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,342
  • Replies 47
  • Likes 2

Do you like it when games are getting remastered?

• Yes!

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No!

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

OP
Hey guys ^°^ Which game would you love to see a remastered version of? Give reasons for your answer.

I'll start first, I would love to see a remastered version of: "The Sims 2" (NDS version)! I used to play that game all the time, I love it.

61Y1C0TDB1L.jpg

41CVNN01RML.jpg

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Asura's Wrath. It was already crazy with Xbox360/PS3-era graphic; I can only imagine what it would look like with current tech. A man can dream, right?

Reactions: Deleted User

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Breath of fire 3 (best in it's series), star ocean the second story (I am aware there is one but imo this game is so good there should be a version for each console generation), chocobo's mystery dungeon 2(the psx version was great it was the first dungeon crawler I played that was multiplayer), and last but not least a game that will never be remastered Mario rpg (it will never be remade due to licensing issues but obviously should be. the fact that it can't be remade sparked both the Mario and Luigi rpg series and the paper Mario series ... That and geno rocks)

I can dream right?

Last edited by wormdood,

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to see a good, proper remastering (remake really) of Phantasy Star 1-4, and not that half assed treatment they gave Phantasy Star Generations 1 and 2.

Also, Persona 3 with current gen graphics, the FES content, and the QoL updates that were integrated into portable. I can live without FeMC, but I do love her soundtrack.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't say, but I liked final fantasy vii remastered on the switch. I still can't beat the final dungeon (don't remember it being that hard), but the game looks quite good compared with the psx classic version. anyway, I remember a very hard underwater stage in the game that I barely beat. it's a bonus stage. I stole something from one of the turks, something very rare, because once I learned steal and mug, I started stealing from all bosses mostly and regular enemies too. I got killed by lv 3 flare last time I tried the final dungeon. the game can be pretty difficult if you don't use an faq. I got killed when you split into groups of two, so I had no real chance.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Sonic Unleashed, although I’d like to see more work done to it than just remastering it as is.

For example:
Split up the warehog levels
Remove the sun/moon tokens
More warehog battle music rotation, i.e. not just ‘duh duh duh duh duh duh duhhhhhhh’ or reduced usage so not every minor enemy encounter
Make the daytime stages more like Generations (easier/no QTE, homing attack isn’t remapped and tighter controls)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if I had to choose a game, it might be dkc returns, w/ the added stages from the 3ds, as well nsmb wii. those games I play often. I even got a save at the beginning of world 9 of dkc returns on the 3ds. I haven't played them yet, but it's there if I wish to. ;) I'd buy them instantly if they were on the switch.

BlazeMasterBM

I Eat Garlics
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With remasters, I often find them useless... especially with Zelda games being on several consoles. People are still asking for Twilight Princess on Switch despite it ALREADY being on 3 consoles.
However, remasters can also be awesome... I'm going to just consider remakes and remasters the same thing, even though I know there's a difference. (Technically, they can all be considered "remasters")...
To answer your question, Wario Land 4 desperately needs a remaster.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure actually, and a lot of what I would have already has been sorted and other things have turned out rather worse for it (here is hoping Prince of Persia Sands of Time remake is worth playing). Would rather see sequels to things than remasters, though would take remasters if I could. If EA decided they would actually like to make some money then Skate 1 + Skate 2 + Skate 3 + all DLC in one mega package on a modern console (even in this fantasy land I am still going to assume PC is out of the question) with local co-op enabled and not a missing feature or afterthought DLC package a la what they did for some of the borderlands games, or indeed pushing the boat out a bit and having them all in one big city*.

*I don't care if the Skate 1 challenges are restricted to "can't get off the board" and other features later games have arbitrarily for said things to avoid making them too easy.

Might also take some of the earlier MX vs ATV games as well.

i would love to see The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap remastered
In before kinstones now paid DLC arguably needed to finish the game/get the best weapons, or would that be an amibo?
Also yes I did just think of a way to make them more annoying.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Three words:

RED ALERT 2

...okay, with Yuri's revenge and on Steam, but those are about the only requirements.

other games... F-zero GX, rise of nations and lost vikings... But at this point I'd rather have someone else remake lost vikings.

Edit : forgot... I'm usually against remakes, to be honest. The games I'm mentioning are older titles that could see a serious boost on current tech /graphical power. Most remakes now are a pure cashgrab. A few extra costumes, one or two extra levels and voila... 99% of the same game on a console when the previous one is still being sold.

(btw... Al I the only one whose autocorrect tries to change the word remake to 'female'? It's kind of awkward when android 's keyboard makes me write' I'm usually against females ' or' most females now are a pure cashgrab' :P)

Last edited by Taleweaver,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Anybody here?