Which game(s) to play?

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I just had a grueling 3 months in uni and now that I got a month off until my exams, I plan to grind a few games. Care to give me any suggestions on what games to play?

I have enjoyed the following games and I wish to play games similar to these ones:
  • Batman Arkham Asylum, Arkham City
  • LA Noire
  • Portal 2, Orange Box
  • Assassin's Creed (all of it)
  • The multiplayer aspects of Assassin's Creed Revelations and Mass Effect 3
  • Battlefield 3
  • LEGO Games (Batman, Star Wars)
  • Simpsons Game
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • LIMBO
  • Uncharted trilogy
  • RAGE
  • Need For Speed Hot Pursuit
To describe that list even further, I'd like to play games with excellent story, intuitive gameplay, not necessarily combat-driven, would cater to a collector like me and optional free online multiplayer.

So please recommend me at least 3 games on the 360/PS3 and reasons why. I'm using Lovefilm and their recommendation system is not enough for me. Seriously, half of the list is COD, games I've already played and FPS garbage.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
250px-Vanquish.jpg

Valkyria_cover.jpg

catherine_cover_art.jpg

Cuz there are top, top games.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Read the first post, clearly he didn't ask for this.

256px-Borderlandscover.jpg

If you have friends to play it with, it's an absolute blast.

no-more-heroes-heroes-paradise1.jpg

Because if you haven't played any version of this game then you're a goddamn ponce.

metal-gear-solid-hd-collection-xbox-360.jpg

Three long games, how can you go wrong?

I mean I have my more "mundane" suggestions like the entire Mass Effect trilogy (if you didn't touch it outside of the ME3 multiplayer) and such but I'll try being nonconformist like emigre.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Way-of-the-Samurai-3.jpg

Short game, but great combat and tons of endings. You can actually change the storyline through your actions, unlike a certain other series...

5447864413_ef5f016e52.jpg

PRESS BUTTONS, SMASH HEADS! Also the stories are always crazy, good balance of cinematics vs gameplay.

No need for a third one, because now your life is complete.

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys, some really good suggestions! Was seriously considering Rayman, MGS and NMH so that's definitely in the list. I've bought Borderlands and Deus Ex for very cheap (less than a fiver) for OnLive but it was unplayable back then, due to lag. Now that my speed got upped to 11 Mbps for some reason (compared to 5 before), I may give it a go again.

Might consider Skyrim too, considering I got a month off.

More suggestion would be welcome :)

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Won't mention games already suggested (most of them I'd have suggested too :)).

God of War III
256px-God_of_War_III_not_final_art.jpg

Liked Arkham Asylum/City? This one is quite close to them gameplaywise with the combat. Nice story though the first two games could help understand it better (also available as HD remakes for the PS3, costs around £20 for the first two games from places like Amazon, TheHut or Play).

Kingdom of Amalur:
Win-Kingdoms-Of-Amalur-Reckoning-PS3.jpg

One of the games I personally started to like after playing the Demo (available on PSN for free), which showed a quite an interesting skill-tree system and has some open world roaming. I've got my game coming from the UK as we speak, but based on the Demo, I'd think you may like it. Try it out to see what it's about.

Fallout New Vegas:
ps3_fallout_new_vegas_virallinen.jpg

If you liked RDR and want to go a bit more modern, go for Fallout New Vegas. Fallout 3 (and why not 1 & 2) aren't necessary to understand the plot so you're ready to go. Gameplay is nice and not just the basic FPS. More TPS and (sort of) turn based with V.A.T.S (a system where the game stops for you to choose between targeted areas (legs, hands, torso, head, etc)). At first I was one of those who thought Fallout should never have been given to Bethesda, but the game is quite nice. Has a few bugs mentioned around the internet, but I haven't encountered any of them yet (same issues are apparently present with Skyrim, Fallout 3, Oblivion and pretty much every Bethesda game ever made)..

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys, I've rented No More Heroes and Halo CE now. My rental list as it stands:

• GTA IV (haven't played it :()
  • Catherine
  • Fallout 3 (figured I'd start from this)
  • Kingdoms of Amalur
  • Lego Star Wars Complete Saga (because I remembered loving Lego Star Wars)
  • Rayman Origins
  • Red Dead Redemption (to finish the Undead story and obviously fun multiplayer)
  • Elder Scrolls 4 (friends told me I don't need to play this to get the plot in Skyrim but I wanna experience it)
  • Vanquish
  • Way of the Samurai 3
PS3
  • God of War Collection
  • Heavy Rain
  • ICO and Shadow of the Colossus
  • Jax & Daxter
  • LittleBigPlanet
  • MGS HD Collection
  • Ratchet & Clank Future 1
  • Valkyria Chronicles
  • Yakuza 3
  • inFamous
If only there are PSX HD remasters, I'd love to have Crash, Spyro and Breath of Fire HD collections.

Take note that most of the titles listed above are the ones I haven't played yet. So thanks for the suggestions and stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb