Which game are you playing through for the first time?

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

This week I find myself "seriously" playing two games for the first time. The reason I stated that sentence that way is because In the case of both I have played part of the first level but, only enough to "demo the game. This time I'm attempting a true play through. The two games are Manhunt 2 (Wii, unedited version) and Halo (PC version). I tend to be the type of person that plays the popular, non Nintendo related stuff years after the hype dies off. This is very evident with Halo. I have to say that I'm enjoying both games. Hell, Halo actually looks nice on my crappy ass laptop and plays very well with a wired 360 controller. I would love to find a Wii Remote/Nunchuck setup but that's something to be worked on at a later time :)

Manhunt 2 is creepy as hell but I think that's awesome. It has been a while since I have felt true fear while playing a game. You truly do feel powerless against enemies that seem to have a great advantage. Now that I'm finished sharing my two current gaming ventures, are any of you forum goers playing a game for the first time? Why are you playing that game? Are you simply out of new stuff to play or, is it a game you always wanted to try but never had the chance till now?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
My problem is that I have too many games I'm interested with.
So, like you, I play 30min to see how the game is, and try to complete my old ones instead of playing the new one.
And all games are like that.

Sometime I decide to "really play it now !", and it last one or two weeks until I miss time to complete it again.
I'm trying to complete Star Ocean 4, but there's were Last story (complete), Pandora Tower (not completed), and now Kid Icarus in my way!
I'm playing only Kid icarus, but I'm so slow.
I bought it on released day, and I'm only at chapter 19.

Good luck on your "real play" this time ;)

Reactions: 1 person

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm on my first playthrough of diablo 3.

As for games that I only started playing way after the hype was gone, I can only think of excitetruck and excitebots right now. Oh, wait...999 on DS as well.

Perhaps one day I'll return to xenoblades. And if devolution actually CAN solve the streaming audio bug, I'll probably play through eternal darkness (yeah, I've picked up the original about a month back. I never got around to actually play it.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, due to studying my gaming time has been cut short but I am playing through The Dark Spire right now and I'm preparing to play Operation Raccoon City (guilty pleasure), Legend of Grimrock (old school is good school) and Diablo 3 (because Diablo).

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unlike most gamers these days I don't blow through my games. I think it's a total waste of money (or bandwidth if you're a pirate). I like to play my games for a few weeks or months and then go cold turkey for a while and then continue at a way later date. It helps to keep that "fresh" feeling with my games.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Currently im casualy playing Silent Hill Origins on my PSP. Love the sound score with headphones in a dark room.. But the game, not that much. It is creepy and very well done but way too many enemies, easily avoided in the closed door location turning off the flashlight and almost impossible to avoid in the outside town.. Mixed bag to me, a little disapointment for now, just reached the theater.

Also Dragon Quest Swords on Wii, i got pleasingly surprised with this one, though i didn't have any high expectations to begin with. Would have been cool to manage equiplment of the teammates and have a better control over them, only con so far.. Im on chapter 5 in this one iirc, the tower of mirrors.

Have fun with Halo and Manhunt 2.. Got it on my PSP with the uncensored patch and it's sure a M rated game. Serial killer madness, very sick game lol.. Fun at short paces nonetheless. Went as far as the sort of
basement with crazy torture rooms, Hostel movie style
and left it at that last time i played, long ago when i was still pirating games on my old ps2. Have yet to play it on PSP but great technics from first contact. Cool game!

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going through Mass Effect 3 again, but I haven't been able to play for quite a few weeks thanks to school (final exams, AP tests, regular tests, the works). Hopefully this Memorial Day weekend will give me some time to settle in with the game again.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Steins; Gate, right now. I'm 100+ hours in and have gotten most of the endings, I still have to get to more and the true ending, which I expect to take another 5 hours, at the very least.

D

Deleted_171835

Assassins Creed (first one): I'm not too far in it. It's certainly not exceptional from what I've played so far but it isn't bad.

Hotel Dusk: Hence my avatar change. Loving the game so far. Story is quite interesting, soundtrack is okay and the puzzles are a nice touch.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shouldn't you be using a mouse to play Halo?

Iono, Halo is one of those games for me, that play better with an actual controller.

I'm playing a bunch through for the first time, I've gotten so bad with gaming it's sad.

Skyward Sword: I bought this like 2 months ago, and I got to the desert area, but then I got tired of the game. In a bad way too. It's too confusing, the dungeons are crap, and I don't like the upgrading of weapons. I just want my Hylian Shield :(

Diablo 2: My friend has been bugging me for the longest time to play this, so last night I cracked and started playing the game with him, I'm pretty hooked now.

Oblivion: First time playing through it, and I hate the game. It's too boring. The horse is too slow, the game doesn't do much to inform you how to play or what all the stats mean. And not to mention I spent way too long trying to mod the game that I don't even wanna touch it anymore. None of the mods worked with the Steam version, and I'm sorry, but I seriously think those mods would help me enjoy the game better.

Rayman Origins: I love this game. I'll admit I'm not the biggest Rayman fan, but good lord Origins is amazing. It's seriously like watching a cartoon.

Reactions: 1 person

DDTarZan

Never getting laid again /s
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenoblade Chronicles. I've been playing this game for almost a month, perhaps longer. It's so friggin' long, I just get turned off from it every now and then because It takes a really long time to gather a bunch of things for a certain location, and I can never keep track of all of my sidequests. It's great fun though, I plan on finishing this game, if it's even possible to finish this game.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I recently started to play the Luminous Arc series on DS. Already finished the first one and really loved it. Now I'm taking a break before I start the second one (and probably at some time the third one when the translation is far enough to let me enjoy it).

VictorinaToriPea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Skyward Sword: I bought this like 2 months ago, and I got to the desert area, but then I got tired of the game. In a bad way too. It's too confusing, the dungeons are crap, and I don't like the upgrading of weapons. I just want my Hylian Shield :(

Diablo 2: My friend has been bugging me for the longest time to play this, so last night I cracked and started playing the game with him, I'm pretty hooked now.

Oblivion: First time playing through it, and I hate the game. It's too boring. The horse is too slow, the game doesn't do much to inform you how to play or what all the stats mean. And not to mention I spent way too long trying to mod the game that I don't even wanna touch it anymore. None of the mods worked with the Steam version, and I'm sorry, but I seriously think those mods would help me enjoy the game better.

Rayman Origins: I love this game. I'll admit I'm not the biggest Rayman fan, but good lord Origins is amazing. It's seriously like watching a cartoon.

Hello! Sorry you feel that way about Skyward, I really enjoyed it and so did my fiancee. The shield thing can be damned frustrating at times, though. :) About Oblivion, ME TOO. I took that thing back the next day. I found it so deadly dull, and yeah, a tutorial would have been nice. Rayman does rock. I've got the DS version and am liking that.

Assassins Creed (first one): I'm not too far in it. It's certainly not exceptional from what I've played so far but it isn't bad.

Hotel Dusk: Hence my avatar change. Loving the game so far. Story is quite interesting, soundtrack is okay and the puzzles are a nice touch.

Hey! Yeah, the first one and the second one are so night and day. The 2nd one is such an improvement in every way, that I never finished the first, just read the plot of it online and moved on to ACII, and I wouldn't change a thing. ACII is the only game on my PS3 I've got 100% on. :) Hotel Dusk was a cool little game, and one I'm glad you reminded me of, I don't think I finished it. I love puzzlers.

Okay, I am proudly embracing my nerdy side and playing Pokemon SoulSilver for the first time. This is my first ever Pokemon game, and I am really liking it. (My Totodile was adorable. They evolve so fast. *tear*) That's the main one that I'm "seriously" devoting time to. For my PS3, I'm in various stages of Darksiders, L.A. Noire, Castlevania: Lord of Shadows, and Dragon Age: Origins. Ironically, with all these "newer" games to play, I've been killing Final Fantasy VII that I bought off PSN. It's my childhood in HD. *happiness*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    ?tuw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yltcaxE
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ¡¡¡ tttoN
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ssssey ioBtneicnA@
    +1
    :angry: ¡¡¡¡¡ oooooooooooooooooooooooN
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ?draeh ton uoy evaH
    Gives you "The 🖕 BIRD" :tpi::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    :2lfor::2lfor::2lfor::ipt: "DRIB 🖕ehT" uoy seviG. *
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Atmosphere and Hekate both have been updated to support FW 18. Yay!
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Atmosphere and Hekate both have been updated to support FW 18. Yay!