Which Flashcart should I get?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by serg0, Oct 27, 2007.

?

Which Flashcart should I get?

1. R4 2GB - 70$

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. G6 Real - 70$

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. CycloDS 2GB - 85$

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Oct 27, 2007

Which Flashcart should I get? by serg0 at 1:27 AM (1,225 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. serg0
    OP

Member serg0 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm buying one of these from realhotstuff.com. The don't have the CycloDS in stock though. Is there a reliable shop in the US that has it in stock?

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    I don't think any store has it in stock at the moment. They reported lack of components as an issue stopping them from reaching the large order sizes.

Right now (this may change depending on the support each card gets/kernel/firmware revisions, etc) I would recommend the Cyclo, but you will need to wait.

3. gcstr

Newcomer gcstr Advanced Member

Australia
    I am in the same boat - I don't know. The cyclo looks to be the king but there is s world wide shortage - no stock anywhere and local store (Australia) don't take pre orders any more - it seems like they have given up seeing they have been waiting for 5 - 7 weeks themselves.

The R4 looks like it is nice and reliable but doesn't have as nice a gui as the g6 or cyclo.
    The g6 looks the goods but is hard to find in stock b- it doesn't have removable memory though - their upcoming M3real is the one I am looking to get - they say out in a few weeks - probably before cyclo the way they are going.

4. PikaPika

Member PikaPika GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You might want to order that stuff from different places. You can get an R4 for $35 from Dealextreme (free shipping), and a 2GB MicroSD from Newegg for ~$20 (depends on brand) with $5 shipping. You can also get a G6DS Real from Dealextreme for $57. But Realhotstuff does have a reasonable price on the CycloDS.

5. CrimsoniteX

Member CrimsoniteX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Personaly I use the G6 Real, which is amazing. It has 2 Gb of internal storage, ya it doesn't have removable storage, but how many games you planning to house at once? I've got something like 20 and I have barely used half my space. I ordered mine from Real Hot Stuff and had it in three days. Have had no compatibility issues whatsoever so far.

6. becker2384

Member becker2384 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    what about an Acekard? I have been thinking about getting one of these. could anyone tell me pros and cons?

7. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    Read the reviews. They're really good. Decide by them.

Go for R4.

8. TheNeck

Member TheNeck GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have all 3 of these, luckily I got the CycloDS a couple months ago. The CycloDS was my 1st flashcart and its awesome, im glad i got it. Also I got all 3 of them from RHS, I highly recommend them, they are awesome. I personally use the G6 myself and my daughter uses the CycloDS. If you think 2Gb is enough for you, go with the G6, unless you are into homebrew, Ive heard the G6 is not the greatest for homebrew, but myself, i only play games with my G6, so i won't know.