Hacking Which flashcart is the best?

aaymon_86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have been watching these forums from time to time and I've noticed alot of ppl have the G6 lite and are satisfied with it. When I heard that DS-X some ppl said that they'd rather use their nopass and G6 lite, but there was no word about supercard miniSD/lite.
Now I ordered SClite from realhotstuff.com and I'm expecting it in a day or 2 and i'm wondering I made the right decision.

There are a few things that kept me from G6lite:

1. I've been seeing alot of topics about G6lite corrupting and I don't want that to happen to me.

2. I used to own a SCminiSD, and I have alot of saves from that and I'm wondering if I can use those same saves on a G6lite, or would I have to start all over again.

3. Since G6lite uses a battery, I'm worried how long would it last and if it ran out would I be able to replace it.

There are a few things to note:

i) I'm only a little interested in gba, but i have an XG-Flash 128M(I know, its REALLy OLD) but it still works.
ii)I'm not really interested on how the interface looks, I'll only be there to pick a game, not stare a it.
iii)I'm not at all interested in homebew.
iv)I used to have a 1 gig and I kinda feel 512 is small, but when i really think about it, i only played like 6 games of the 22 i have on the 1 gig stick

Some questions:

1 Does it take long to put games on the cart. One of the reasons i purchased the lite was because it was frontloaded like my mini and i didn't have to take the cart out the DS.
2. More importantly, If ppl have both or have experience with both the G6 and the supercard SD/miniSD/lite which one do u prefer and why?

Thank you to you guys if u can answer my questions(Hope I don't regret buying SClite, cause i've liked the supercard products so far).

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. Corruption isn't as rampant as you think. A lot of it comes from simple user error.

2. They are all the same format (generic SRAM).

3. Long enough to not worry about it.

i. GBA mode works well with the G6 Lite
ii. -
iii. -
iv. good assessment. some people say 512 isn't enough, but for just games, it's plenty. I don't even play all the games i have in that space.

1. Doesn't take long, but you must remove the cart

2. Only have G6/M3 experiences, sorry.

btw, this thread is BELOW yours, http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=35714

Zap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's shocking. You actually expect people to READ posts?!
blink.gif

J/k Yes, you've made a wise decision. Enjoy what you have ordered. In all honesty, I think both cards are on par at performance... what this card has the other lacks and vice versa. What people are bickering about is just sheer nit picking as well as going off false rumors.

You'll no doubt enjoy the SC.... and all the other fellow G6 owners. They work.... and they work well for the gaming purposes.

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jesus how many of these threads are gonna be created...guessing 2088 more? Anyway right now there is a bug in all flash carts that cause them to explode after 42 hours of use. Yes when they explode it ruins your DS, my guess is that since you didn't take the time to read the other 62 topics regarding "What flash cart should I buy/ what is best" then I doubt you'll use the search button to find out if I am telling the truth regarding the exploding flash carts.....so yea....my guess is if you can't read, can't figure out how to use a search button, or are too lazy to do some research.....well your best bet is to stick to buying original games or just pawn your DS and get some fucking Lincoln Logs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol