Which flashcart is the best in terms of quality?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Mon-keigh, May 19, 2014.

1. Mon-keigh
    OP

Mon-keigh Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2012
    My sister owns a DSTWO which I rather like for its many features and GUI but it can drain the battery quite fast and the plastic feels cheap.

Below is a list of all the features I am looking for, rated from most important to least important.
    1. 3DS compatible.
    2. Reliable & supports all Nintendo DS ROMs (especially the Pokémon games).
    3. Manufactured with quality plastic.
    4. User-friendly & aesthetically pleasing GUI.
    5. Other miscellaneous features.
    6. Battery life.

If the DSTWO truly is the best flashcart, then I would be willing to purchase it. Although ideally, I would prefer something more solid, with an equally nice GUI.

2. 4coolday

4coolday Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2009
    Switzerland
    DSTwo recommend
    It is the best flashcarts to run DS roms on 3DS

3. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    If you think the DSTwo feels cheap, you don't want to try any R4 clones at all. DS flash cart quality has really declined over the years, the casings used to be a lot better, I think. Right now the DSTwo is top-of-the-line, you won't find anything better. ;)

4. Wolvenreign

Wolvenreign Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat

Jul 7, 2008
    United States
    Indianapolis, IN
    Foxi and 4coolday are right, DSTWO is the way to go.

On another note, please read the stickies next time, particularly this one. If you have, then please indicate that you have.

5. Mon-keigh
    OP

Mon-keigh Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2012
    I have decided to purchase the DSTWO. Thank you for your input everyone.

Yes, I read that thread as well as many others before posting.

6. Wolvenreign

Wolvenreign Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat

Jul 7, 2008
    United States
    Indianapolis, IN
    I figured, just indicate that you've read the stickies before you post next time, it's all good.

7. full-hopeness

full-hopeness Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2014
    Armenia
    if you want to play ds games and GBA games, RECOMMEND YOU BUY dstwo card, it will be your best choice !

8. djstiv3

djstiv3 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 21, 2014
    United States
    Rockford, IL
    wait what the dstwo plays gba and ds games? i didnt know that i know you can emulate on flash carts gb, gbc and nes gen snes etc but i dont think its common knowledge when looking at flash carts that that one does this.. unless the reason for the name implies it plays both.. hmm interesting
    however a hacked psp is the best emulation for anything retro especially gameboys

9. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    DSTWO is the best card overall, but I totally get what you mean when you say it feels cheap. Mine even had a corner of the plastic break off just by normally putting it in and taking it out of the DS.

It doesn't play GBA natively, it uses an emulator, just one that only works on DSTWO because of its extra processor on board. It also has a DSTWO only SNES emulator.

10. djstiv3

djstiv3 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 21, 2014
    United States
    Rockford, IL
    oh o.k. i dont get why other flash carts dont have that then. its more understandable why its expensive usually now. when i first got into flash carts and got a ds (2010) i always thought r4 was the best and most popular. i guess dstwo etc is the premium option even though ts not as popular.

11. Mon-keigh
    OP

Mon-keigh Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2012
    Not sure if you skipped over my last post but I decided to go with the DSTWO after all.