Hacking Which flash cart should I use on DSi with 1.4 firmware?

ltsukida

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, guys,

I just got my new DSi which has 1.4 firmware installed already. I am choosing a flash cart for my machine. Unfortunately I do not know anyway that has a DS/DSi that can upgrade my cart for me. Do you guys know if there is any flash cart that can directly use on 1.4 DSi after purchase as a new unit?

Thanks a lot!!!

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Ireland 1 said:
Go for an AceKard2i
Why just the acekard2i - why not the M3i Zero, Supercard DSONEi or any of the other 'upgradable' flashcards
On the next update - the AK2i will most probably still need another DS or DSLite to be used to upgrade it - while those designed from the start to be upgradable will be easier to do

ltsukida

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I heard that you need to have a NDL to upgrade the flash cart first , especially AK2i, to use on the new 1.4 firmware. But I dont have a NDL, either of my friends do.

D

Deleted User

CannonFoddr said:
Ireland 1 said:
Go for an AceKard2i
Why just the acekard2i - why not the M3i Zero, Supercard DSONEi or any of the other 'upgradable' flashcards
On the next update - the AK2i will most probably still need another DS or DSLite to be used to upgrade it - while those designed from the start to be upgradable will be easier to do
Because AceKard = AKAIO and AKAIO = Wii connectivity.

ltsukida

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WarioN64 said:
M3i Zero vs Supercard DSONEi for me. If you have a DSLite/DSPhat then you could choose Acekard2i.

For M3i and DSONEi, do I need a DSLite/DS (which I do not have) to upgrade the card first?

Whipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AKAIO was the deciding factor for me. Flexibility and compatibility coupled with stability made my choice for me.

When selecting a flashcart ask yourself these questions:

What do you intend to do?
What software / firmware allows you to do what you want?
What hardware runs that software?

The answer to the final question should be the deciding factor in your choice.

ltsukida

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whipple said:
AKAIO was the deciding factor for me. Flexibility and compatibility coupled with stability made my choice for me.

When selecting a flashcart ask yourself these questions:

What do you intend to do?
What software / firmware allows you to do what you want?
What hardware runs that software?

The answer to the final question should be the deciding factor in your choice.

I SAID in my post that the problem is "I do not have a DS lite to upgrade my AK2i card first, which can not be used on DSi with 1.4 firmware installed"!!!!!! That is why I finally choose supercard DSONEi, which do not need an extra DS lite.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
that wont matter because once nintendo releases another update blocking carts he will be screwed

Your right. He doesn't have the option to choose not to update,it will make him apparently.
nyanya.gif

ltsukida

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omgpwn666 said:
Joe88 said:
that wont matter because once nintendo releases another update blocking carts he will be screwed

Your right. He doesn't have the option to choose not to update,it will make him apparently.
nyanya.gif

Ok, man, you dont understand the problem, because you have a DS with a firmware less than 1.4. You upgrade your card first, then you upgrade your system. That is how AK2i support the 1.4 system. If got your machine with 1.4 firmware installed already, then you NEED TO HAVE A DS WITH LOWER VERSION TO UPGRADE THE AK2I CARD FIRST BEFORE YOU USE ON THE YOUR DSI. Therefore, if you do not have an old machine, DSONEi is your ONLY CHOISE!!! UNDERSTAND?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ltsukida said:
omgpwn666 said:
Joe88 said:

nyanya.gif

Ok, man, you dont understand the problem, because you have a DS with a firmware less than 1.4. You upgrade your card first, then you upgrade your system. That is how AK2i support the 1.4 system. If got your machine with 1.4 firmware installed already, then you NEED TO HAVE A DS WITH LOWER VERSION TO UPGRADE THE AK2I CARD FIRST BEFORE YOU USE ON THE YOUR DSI. Therefore, if you do not have an old machine, DSONEi is your ONLY CHOISE!!! UNDERSTAND?

He can get a 1.4 ready, Acekard2i and when a new updates comes, he just need to upgrade the card first before he updates the DSi, still I will go with a M3i Zero if you have the money, or if you just want to play roms and not messing around with apps and tools, then just buy the cheapest upgradable flashcard you find....!!

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acekard popularity jumped since the new Akaio,Wii connectivity is awesome,and its cheap as hell flash cart. But ether2802 is totally right,depends what you want to do
QUOTE said:
He can get a 1.4 ready, Acekard2i and when a new updates comes, he just need to upgrade the card first before he updates the DSi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay