Which firmware is best for VC games

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by HopOnRocks, Apr 26, 2008.

Apr 26, 2008
  1. HopOnRocks
    OP

Newcomer HopOnRocks Advanced Member

Canada
    I'm not really sure if this belongs in this forum but I'll ask anyways.
    I'm currently on a NTSC Wii with firmware 3.1U and I haven't done the update for the WiiWare. Now I was going to upgrade to 3.2 until I heard about IOS37 and all that stuff, and I'd hate to lose potential for some really good exploits and stuff such as the VC things that have been happening lately.

Anyways my question is: Is it possible to throw these games on my system if I am using the 3.1 firmware? I can't remember offhand if the Wii Shop channel works anymore but I don't think it does until I do the update.
    Once I get these things on my system I heard that you can redownload then from the store but I don't plan on doing that... but do you think it is safe to buy some other stuff from the store using Wii points? Say a different VC game or a free channel or something?

Also have you guys been turning your Wii Connect 24 off after putting these games on the system?

2. OrcMonkey©

Banned OrcMonkey© Banned

yup
    just for incase

3. HopOnRocks
    OP

Newcomer HopOnRocks Advanced Member

Canada
    Anyone else have any aswers to my questions? I'm thinking about just going ahead and start throwing some on my system.
    Do I need do anything different for certain VC games? Like is there a different way to put a N64 game on there and another for NES?