Hacking Which firmware custom firmware is best for playing backups?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
D

Deleted-379826

Yeah do not follow a video tutorial. Plus impossible to brick by JUST installing Luma

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah do not follow a video tutorial. Plus impossible to brick by JUST installing Luma
It's impossible to brick with any CFW, unless you do something extremely stupid. Like update without FIRM0/1 protection.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: Deleted-379826

itsjch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@Crystal the Glaceon Ok I wont use a video.
@TheVinAnator I was looking at that FAQ thing cant see what I should FAQ im gonna put a 32GB MicroSD card in but I dont know what file format I should format it to plus when I do put these files in how do I start the exploit process iv been reading cant seem to find anything anywhere on how to start the process forgive me if I sound dumb but I really don't wanna screw this up.

D

Deleted-379826

@Crystal the Glaceon Ok I wont use a video.
@TheVinAnator I was looking at that FAQ thing cant see what I should FAQ im gonna put a 32GB MicroSD card in but I dont know what file format I should format it to plus when I do put these files in how do I start the exploit process iv been reading cant seem to find anything anywhere on how to start the process forgive me if I sound dumb but I really don't wanna screw this up.
FIrst off format your sd card to Fat32. Second off what firmware are you on?

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States

itsjch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@astronautlevel Im not sure how to do that stuff thats why im asking ;-; I got a9lh file on sdcard and a mention of 3dsx I havent seen that anywhere on forums or im to blind.

Last edited by itsjch,

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
honestly, luma is great, but feature wise the options (that can be changed) are very limited.

rx used to have great feature set, given most features of it are now available only in decrypt9 :)

but simplicity, luma is your bet.

itsjch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@KunoichiZ from I understand is that I need to downgrade to 9.2 in order to use luma3DS and using browserhax requires internet access? (Might cause an update which i dont wont)

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@KunoichiZ from I understand is that I need to downgrade to 9.2 in order to use luma3DS and using browserhax requires internet access? (Might cause an update which i dont wont)
You have to physically update your system. Being connected to the internet will download the update but as long as you don't hit accept when it asks you to update, you'll be fine.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to physically update your system. Being connected to the internet will download the update but as long as you don't hit accept when it asks you to update, you'll be fine.
@itsjch That and you can just set up tubehax DNS if you want to absolutely make sure you don't update, which will still allow access to browserhax

Reactions: KunoichiZ

itsjch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I got to the downgrading part followed the instuctions it had an error half way threw downgrade process I gave it 30 secs before I switched it off now I can get in to normal menu or homebrew channel help?

itsjch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I got to the downgrading part followed the instuctions it had an error half way threw downgrade process I gave it 30 secs before I switched it off now I can get in to normal menu or homebrew channel help?

itsjch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I didn't know they made an MSU cart for the Genesis.... I knew about the SNES one and the...