Gaming Which "Fire Emblem" has better story, Gamecube or Wii?

WarmWoollySheep

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've really enjoyed the GBA versions of Fire Emblem and am ready to try it out in 3D. Which one should I start with? I'm not worried about difficulty as much as I am storyline. I've read bad things about the story in the Wii version.

Anyone here played them both?

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Gamecube version is actually a prequel to the Wii version, so if you can find it play it first. The Wii game's story isn't at all bad, it just isn't as polished as the other one.

WarmWoollySheep

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, sounds like you're an authority on this issue
smile.gif

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 'Cube's is more of an encompassed story, from start to finish. The Wii's basically summarizes what happens afterwards: it's a lot more disconnected (literally, controlling three countries) and doesn't stay in one area for too long. I'd say play them in order; but I prefer the Wii's for gameplay.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
there are several parts in the story of the Wii version that are bad
sleep.gif
V

like some decisions they make that are totaly dumb.
never played GC version thaught.

Still Wii one is not bad at all i completed it and took some time ... was way longer to play than games like Dragon Quest which you can beat in some short hours
sleep.gif
V

maz-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Celice said:
The 'Cube's is more of an encompassed story, from start to finish. The Wii's basically summarizes what happens afterwards: it's a lot more disconnected (literally, controlling three countries) and doesn't stay in one area for too long. I'd say play them in order; but I prefer the Wii's for gameplay.

That sums it up pretty nicely..Path of Radiance is just Ike's journey from start to finish without many twists, it's well thought out and pretty straightforward.
Radiant Dawn is a good deal longer, more complicated and not that thought out in some parts - but you're still gonna enjoy it if you've played Path of Radiance, mostly because all characters (except for 1) return.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: