Hacking which expansion to buy?

gibberish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i have an original r4 running ysmenu - which is the best expansion pack to buy? i only really want to play gba gmes on it, not fussed about the browser much.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got a EZ Flash 3-in-1, I can definitely recommend one. Only problem with it is the save battery. I've had mine for just over a year and it needs replacing.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok you just need a hombrew program to run in n_n and dx usally sells the read deal and if not they will send you a new one

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
gibberish said:
so just to be sure, the ez flash 3 in 1 works with ysmenu on the r4 then?
and lastly, this is what i need? http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2967
anyone know if these are the real deal or fakes? i know dx isnt best known for its official products lol.

Yep, it works fine. I was using it with YSMenu myself for a while. I've never heard of a fake 3-in-1 but someone else might know if any exist.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
That depends on the type of games you want to play on it. And there are only 2 GBA Expansion Pack (GEP) available. You want an idea of what you want or need you can read the second link in my sig.

Non USA Pokemon players will try and get the M3 GEP instead, since the RTC patch only works on the US and some EU pokemon versions. And having a real RTC bypasses the need for RTC patching a game that might or might not work.

Other than that, picking either one will do.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
The supercard uses flash for the save files, there are some crappy carts that use flash for save data.

The downside to the supercard is the SDRAM and the clock speed needed is under what is needed for some games, hence the game jerking.

Replacing the battery is the part of having any GBA flashcart, that is the mantenence and upkeep.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol