Which ds lite is most resistant to scratches ? + where to buy cheapest

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by azotyp, Mar 24, 2008.

1. azotyp
    OP

Member azotyp GBAtemp Maniac

Poland
    I have a question about ds lite. I'm planning to sell my old dslite and buy a new one (scratches and used buttons just annoy me [​IMG] ). I heard that crimson and red and some new ds lite have case that is more resistant to scratches . Is it true ? If yes than could you write here all editions of ds lite with more resistant case.
    And question about buying. Where can I buy new ds lite at lowest prices.
    Im interrested in stores or ebay users that ship to poland (central europe) and accept payment via paypal.

2. genuisgeek

Member genuisgeek GBAtemp Regular

United States
    all dsl are basically really easy to get scratches especially the dirt on the edge due to the plastic casing that makes it shiny
    i do believe that the c/b one has a matte back end meaning it doesnt have the crystal case on the back making it less scratchable
    other than that they're all the same

3. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    ^

It's just that the color makes dirt and scratches less visible. Grab a case for it then. That's what I did, and it's fine.

4. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    I have a few DSLs, and my iQue Red & Black Dragon Edition seems more durable than my others, scratch-wise.

5. perimbean

Member perimbean GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    I have the Crimson Red + Black DSL. Brought it around...overseas....and so far so good, no major scratches.
    I saw the new Cobalt Blue + Black DSL (top glossy blue and bottom black). *eyeing that already*

Maybe you'd like to shop for Cobalt Blue NDSL?
    [​IMG]

6. the_skdster

Member the_skdster Advanced Member

Canada
    The New Crimson and Cobalt editions are the most scratch-resistant.
    Because the bottoms are made to be of "textured" than past-gen Lite's that have a "smooth" bottom.

I have a Cobalt myself(just upgraded my messed up Onyx using the trade-in-5-games using 5 of my friends games.)
    I LOVE IT! some prefer the Crimson though, which is basically the same 'cept it has a red top.

Hope that helped. cheers.