OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello ladies and gents.

Well, my son has a DS Phat (which the touchscreen isn't what it used to be) that he's had for quite some time and has an M3 Simply (running YSMenu) and Supercard SD. Last Christmas I bought him a used Limited Edition Zelda DS Lite which his mom pawned. Thanks mom! But anyway, my girlfriend went to Gamestop at 6am on black friday and got a white DS Lite for my daughter and a black DS Lite for my son for $59.99 each (used of course). We were looking into buying 4 or 5 flash carts (one for my son, daughter, my sister, and my girlfriend's 2 little cousins. I'm looking for a card which supports Wii connectivity. I don't want to spend almost $50 for a Cyclo card. I was leaning toward the EDGE, but I was also looking at the DSTT and AceKard. I haven't been looking at flash carts since the M3 Simply so I'm kind of lost. I did look through Urza's(?) reviews and I'm kind of confused. I just want them to be easy to use for my son who is 9, daughter who is 4 and the two cousins who are 8 and 10. Thank you for any suggestions.

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
Acekard 2i. Plenty of features, cheap and easy to use. I'm not sure it supports Wii connectivity though...

cman1783

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the reply guys. I was going to get the M3 Real Perfect bundle. My question is, does the Acekard 2 support some sort of slot 2 expansion pack?

EDIT: Nevermind, I looked on realhotstuff and says it supports expansion pack.

I want to know if I'd be better off getting the M3 Real bundle and running the Sakura(?)

EDIT2: Sorry, does the AceKard2 support Pokemon Battle for the Wii?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acekard 2i is the only other flashcart that has Wii connectivity(CycloDS has it too). It also supports the EZ-Flash 3in1 Expansion pack so you could play GBA games on it. Get the Acekard 2i for your kids its really easy to use, unlike Sakura.

cman1783

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for all the help. So the AK2i supports the DSLite? Why would it be better for the long run? Update wise? Or if we decide to get a DSi later on? One last question (please don't shoot me
tongue.gif
) does the AceKard run the AKAIO or whatever it's called, and does it run my son's favorite game, Bowser's inside story?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cman1783 said:
Thank you for all the help. So the AK2i supports the DSLite? Why would it be better for the long run? Update wise? Or if we decide to get a DSi later on? One last question (please don't shoot me
tongue.gif
) does the AceKard run the AKAIO or whatever it's called, and does it run my son's favorite game, Bowser's inside story?

What kind of question is that? Does acekard run AKAIO lmao. Yes it has 100% compatibility. Its better for the long run if you decide to get a Dsi.

cman1783

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think that answers all of my questions! Thank you for helping me make the decision. When 6 D es es are in my hands, I don't want to make the mistake of getting the wrong devices. So this is what I'm getting:

Son: AK2i with EZV 3 in 1 Expansion Pack Plus
Daughter: Same (although, I may just let her use the ol' trusty YSMenu'ed M3 Simply
Sister, Cousins, and Sister in law: AK2i

All with 8GB microSDHC cards.

The class's of the SD cards don't matter much right? Newegg sold out of the Trandsend Class 6 cards for 14.99 but the have Sandisk Class 2 for the same price with free shipping.

Posts merged

jakob95 said:
cman1783 said:
tongue.gif

What kind of question is that? Does acekard run AKAIO lmao. Yes it has 100% compatibility. Its better for the long run if you decide to get a Dsi.

I don't know haha! I never used an AceKard before.

Edit: Another stupid question yay! What's the difference between the EZV 3 in 1 Expansion Pack and EZV 3 in 1 Expansion Pack Plus. Rumble I'm guessing?

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
cman1783 said:
The class's of the SD cards don't matter much right? Newegg sold out of the Trandsend Class 6 cards for 14.99 but the have Sandisk Class 2 for the same price with free shipping.
Make is important - Kingston has a lifetime warranty for a start. Higher the class the faster the transfer rates generally.
QUOTE(cman1783 @ Nov 30 2009, 04:32 PM) Edit: Another stupid question yay! What's the difference between the EZV 3 in 1 Expansion Pack and EZV 3 in 1 Expansion Pack Plus. Rumble I'm guessing?
Not stupid... They both have rumble! However the Plus has a larger Ram - so go for Plus!

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XWolf said:
cman1783 said:
Make is important - Kingston has a lifetime warranty for a start. Higher the class the faster the transfer rates generally.
QUOTE(cman1783 @ Nov 30 2009, 04:32 PM) Edit: Another stupid question yay! What's the difference between the EZV 3 in 1 Expansion Pack and EZV 3 in 1 Expansion Pack Plus. Rumble I'm guessing?
Not stupid... They both have rumble! However the Plus has a larger Ram - so go for Plus!

Ok stupid. Plus doesn't have extra Ram. It has extra NOR.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM