Homebrew Which ds/DSi carts work on luma 8.0?

fowler002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
reading the release notes it mentions ds/DSi carts working from the home menu, any list of compatible carts? Or do we still need the twloader?

I have a cyclo ds evolution, a r4i upgrade and a m3i zero(original not the updated version for the last DSi fw update). Will any of those work?

fowler002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If the icon for the CycloDS isn't shown in the HOME Menu, you'll still need TWLoader.

The icon is show, however when I try running it get an error telling me to press and hold the power button. The same thing that happened when I tried running it using the twloader on luma 6.6 a few months back.

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The icon is show, however when I try running it get an error telling me to press and hold the power button. The same thing that happened when I tried running it using the twloader on luma 6.6 a few months back.
Can you see the screens turning off and then on again before the error, after you run the cart?
Also, my Acekard RPG works fine and that's an original DS (not DSi) cart :)

VictorMoreno015

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it helps, my R4i RTS 3DS (Kernel that says "なぞなぞ&クイズ一答入魂Qメイト!Konami Digital Entertainment" or something like that on the home menu) works without the need of TWLoader.

OnenZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
R4i SDHC v1.4.1 doesnt work. But it show on Home Menu with and without the whitelist. Get an error of "upgrade your firmware version blablabla" and its already on the latest version of firmware etc.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Luma patches out the DS Cart White list check in Home Menu now so many older carts can boot. However Luma doesn't yet patch out the arm7 code/ram entry address range limit. Your flashcart's internal NTR header likely uses an arm7 code/ram entry range that goes into that range it doesn't like. Hence the error. If they ever do patch that out of TWL_FIRM, I could imagine all the carts would boot from Home Menu then. :D

Until then the only way you can boot it is through this:

https://github.com/ApacheThunder/NTR_Launcher/releases

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
R4i SDHC v1.4.1 doesnt work. But it show on Home Menu with and without the whitelist. Get an error of "upgrade your firmware version blablabla" and its already on the latest version of firmware etc.
"upgrade your firmware version" isn't a 3DS OS error, it's a flashcart software error (from the sound of it), so it doesn't count

Reactions: Ryccardo

OnenZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
"upgrade your firmware version" isn't a 3DS OS error, it's a flashcart software error (from the sound of it), so it doesn't count
But why? Before updating to a9lh to b9s (on v6.6 i think) this flashcard works. But then on the newest releases i cant get the flashcard work (tried every new release since the error appears.) So i dont think its a sofware error (i'm Not an expert, but if work on oldest version why not on the newest?)

SonicMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested on a red o3ds
Working:
r4i Gold 3ds
Blue Gateway
acekard 2i
m3i zero (spongebob update)

Not Working:
M3 Ds Real The icon shows up sometimes, but when you load it you get (an error has occurred press and hold power button to turn the system off)
iPlayer ds video expert Stuck on white screen.

edit:
m3 ds real works with apache thunder's app!

Last edited by SonicMC,

fowler002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you extract the files/folders in the "sdroot" folder in TWLoader.7z to your SD card root?

I got the twloader from the titledb on fbi and the nand side from the qr from the thread on here.
I'm not sure which "fw" the cart currently has installed, not sure if it's the latest(2.3) or not will have to check.

fowler002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Luma patches out the DS Cart White list check in Home Menu now so many older carts can boot. However Luma doesn't yet patch out the arm7 code/ram entry address range limit. Your flashcart's internal NTR header likely uses an arm7 code/ram entry range that goes into that range it doesn't like. Hence the error. If they ever do patch that out of TWL_FIRM, I could imagine all the carts would boot from Home Menu then. :D

Until then the only way you can boot it is through this:

https://github.com/ApacheThunder/NTR_Launcher/releases

Well just tried it, the cyclods evo worked even on 1.54 fw(last update was 2.3 from what I've read). Well worked as in it loaded the cart, tried running a game which ran tho not done much more testing than that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: