1. silentreapr

silentreapr GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    U only. Seeing as I currently have a huge abundance of games waiting to be finished, I don't mind the wait for (U). Plus, it means the wait might let me finish some games [​IMG]

2. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I usually get U. The only exceptions to this are Sonic Rush Adventure and JUS (and Phoenix Wright 3 when I work my way up to it).

I saw what looked to be a horse breeding-type game that was E only, but the graphics are so horrible in the screen shots that I never bothered to look for it. Can't remember the name, though.

3. knocturnal

OP knocturnal GBAtemp Regular

United States

I've been tempted to download sonic Rush Adventure since it came out but I'm really trying to wait for the U since I thought it would have been dumped already since it was a sonic game.

4. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

United States
    Sonic Rush Adventure doesn't have languages other than English in the E version, actually. No "multi#" treatment here.

5. Foie

Foie That one guy

United States
    Mostly U, like most people. But if it is a game that I am really anticipating, and it comes noticeably early with an English option, then I will probably get it, and swap to the U version once it comes out.

6. Don Andy

Don Andy GBAtemp Regular

Gambia, The
    Most of the time, I'm getting the U release, since the E release usually has german translation, and these suck. >.<
    For games I'm really anticipating, though, I just get the first dump avaiable.

7. miikes

miikes Advanced Member
    Newcomer

We technically don't have a region, but we usually follow US stuff.
    so yeah I get that [​IMG]

8. Wuschmaster

Wuschmaster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    isnt downloading rom dumps illegal? [​IMG]

9. Don Andy

Don Andy GBAtemp Regular

Gambia, The
    Uhm, yes?

10. TaMs

TaMs Randomizer

Finland
    Depends on the game, but usually if it's english.. well that's just enough. Some times japanese is OKAY too.

11. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Replace download with play and one of three things happens:

I hack it (in which case it is usually the first i.e. Japanese) or someone else has a patch/hack for it.

I play it because I really want to: any language that I can read well enough to play (my Japanese is not good enough for a RPG/gyakuten saiban (phoenix wright) type game but puzzle and action games are fine).

It is 8 months on and I get round to playing it: the Eu versions are increasingly the fixed versions so I go them.

12. BionicC

BionicC GBAtemp Regular

Don't suppose you know of a list of fixed Euro versions? I'm pretty sure I read that Zookeeper was fixed/slightly improved during its journey across the Atlantic but that's the only one I've heard of.

Normally I'll download the first Western version that comes out, then if/when a second one comes out I'll download that and see which can be stripped the most. If needs be I'm not averse to manually stripping games by unpacking them and deleting language options (eg. Sim City).

13. 4saken

4saken Retired Ace Attorney

I try to avoid any releases other than American ones (Japanese ones excepted for obvious reasons), but some releases are too tempting to wait for (Worms was one)

14. tomgman

tomgman Newbie
    Newcomer

I have either U or E on all my games. I have exceptions like taiku drum master and PW3 as J roms.

15. kingeightsix

kingeightsix GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    i dl mostly U's but if they don't have that, i'll jump to E's... some games J's because they aren't released anywhere else.

i also switch from U to E if there's an intro that can't be removed... i hate intros. i don't mind the quick intro but then when you have those really flashy & IN YOUR FACE intros... i can't stand them.

16. Zombie_Mario

Zombie_Mario GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I download mostly (U) but if I don't find it then (E). I don't like playing (J) at all.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - download, region, dumped