Gaming Which do you choose more often?

If a game comes out for 360 and PC which do you usually buy?

• PC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xbox 360

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Probably about the same , depends on game really. FPS and RTS , or if I'm intending to play online , then PC. Otherwise I get it for the 360 , only exception is when the pc version is just a bad port , which means most newer ubisoft games.

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If my laptop can't handle it (which has been true for a couple of years) then I'll get the 360 version.

Also depends if I want to play on a tv and with or without friends online.

Short answer: 360

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My PC is a bit old now but even if it could play the latest games I'd probably still get them on 360.

Being able to sit on my lounge in front of my HDTV whilst playing, knowing that the games will work straight up, and also having achievements/LIVE for use in the games all make me prefer the 360 version over the PC version.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well seeing as though I now pirate my 360 games along with my PC games, I don't buy either. But I tend to lean towards the PC side because of mods and such that you cant do on 360. Hoping GTA4 PC gets announced soon. Unfortunately it'll prolly get released a year later like all the others did so I guess the 360 version will keem me busy for then
laugh.gif

jalapeno

Trophies
XP
Country
360, no question

wireless controller > keyboard
couch > chair
big screen tv > monitor
10ms from screen > 1m from screen

way better experience... well in my opinion.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
360, no question

wireless controller > keyboard
couch > chair
big screen tv > monitor
10ms from screen > 1m from screen

way better experience... well in my opinion.

Umm... You can get Wireless KB/M Desktops. You can sit on a counch.... You can hook up a PC to an HDTV, You can sit that far away if you hook it up to an HDTV.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
For me,

FPS (and similar) + 360wirelessPad = FAIL

FPS (and similar) + mouse + Keyboard = WIN

I just cannot get used to using the 2 sticks in this manner. Tried it with Halo3/PDZ/Crackdown but no joy...... how the hell I'm going to manage when GTAIV gets here god only knows
cry.gif

BUT.......

For racing games and FIFA08 and VF5 etc etc etc..... 360 + SOFA + GBFO HDTV = WIN! WIN! WIN!

jalapeno

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Umm... You can get Wireless KB/M Desktops. You can sit on a counch.... You can hook up a PC to an HDTV, You can sit that far away if you hook it up to an HDTV.

haha yeah..

because im gonna buy an lcd tv, wireless gamepad, connector cables, upgrade my pc to play high quality games

and lug my pc to my tv every time i want to play.

anymore brillant ideas?

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:

haha yeah..

because im gonna buy an lcd tv, wireless gamepad, connector cables, upgrade my pc to play high quality games

and lug my pc to my tv every time i want to play.

anymore brillant ideas?

I said it's possible. And WTH? You don't need Connector Cables, Most if not all HDTVs have VGA Inputs and a cheap VGA/DVI cable is like $3-4, You need to buy an LCD TV for the Xbox 360 too... And a good PC is like $600... You don't even have to ''lug'' your PC since you can keep it connected to the TV full time.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PC, I have an 360 controller for it (for racing games) and there is no substitute for a mouse and keyboard when playing FPS. Not to mention the higher resolutions. And the games are cheaper.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Assuming I had a 360 it would likely still be PC unless the port was really, really awful by the time I got around to caring (normally around the time the second major patch appears after the first glut of them).

I have TV out (and some half decent projection equipment if I am lucky) so big screen is not a problem (my PC monitors are more than fine for games and video anyhow). See my recent disparaging of "HD" if you want for more on that. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=73993

I have a couch/bed available for PC gaming and some rather curious stuff involving extensions (me+ soldering iron/connectors + lengths of wire: not a good idea if you are afraid of wiremess) but my PC chair if I need it is quite comfortable for what it is worth (I figured I would include it under the same reason for getting a good mouse, keyboard and monitors).

Online I do not have to pay for (I have usenet instead if I am going to pay for something) even if I am supposed to pay as there are free options if you know where to go (the "complexity" of getting there often means I get some decent opponents rather than most xbox live users I have the misfortune of meeting). "Achievements" I have not cared about since the days of arcade games and being immature with the high score boards.

Complexity: somewhat of a myth as far as I am concerned for actually getting stuff running. Patching (if necessary) is normally easier than finding a crack (I crack all my stuff regardless purely as it makes life easier) or following a guide (although the same 5 steps tend to apply).

Controls: I tend not to play sports/fighting games but for just about everything else keyboard + mouse trumps any controller (which I also have should I somehow need one).

Mods: there are some for the 360/consoles but PC is where it is at.

L

lastdual

360. I got tired of endlessly upgrading my PC.

Of course, I make exceptions for games with good mod communities.

Raisingod

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Well its all depends on the title:

RTS are PC only (xbox 360 controller isn't good for RTS )
FPS on 360 ( although a mouse gives you better peripheral vision controll the keyboard button usually ruins the gameplay)
On other games which ever comes first (exception for this is Mass Effect since I am sure some one will make great mods for it like they did for KOTOR and I don't want to miss that again).

BTW:
I just got DMC 4 yesterday and I can't wait till I get home to play it
smile.gif

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
I bought a 360 in September 2007 and completely abandoned my PC (considering selling it and buying Eee) gaming. I got tired of constantly upgrading my computer, of constantly dealing with numerous bugs and incompatibilites, of dealing with optimising each games settings ...

And, to boot, 360 has more games that interest me. The only PC game I care about, Deus Ex, runs fine on Eee.

iori-kyo-k

Trophies
Website
www.jeux-france.com
XP
Country
France
Depends on the game. FPS gameplay are crappy on console, but some games are definitively made to be play on it.

Assassin's Creed, Guitar Hero, Devil May Cry 4, are such games that deserves to be played on the XBox 360, 'cause the gameplay kicks ass.

Even Lost Planet and Gears Of War were really great back then, but the PC port for both games made them easier. Easier to lock, easier to kill, easier to kick ass.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass