Which do I buy?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by collegekid589, Apr 24, 2008.

Apr 24, 2008

Which do I buy? by collegekid589 at 5:23 AM (1,327 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. collegekid589
    OP

Newcomer collegekid589 Newbie

United States
    After too much searching around on the internet, I have arrived at three final decisions; Acekard 2, TTDS, or the EDGE. As far as I can tell, they are pretty much the exact same except for the firmware and price. That said, these are in my hopeful price range of $40 absolute maximum.

What are you guys' opinions on my selections? are there any cards that do a better job in the same price range that I forgot? All I need for the time being is to play DS games, as well as some homebrew emulators for SNES and whatever else I can find.

Also, I've hit another block with SDHC cards; any tips on those as far as cheapest buys would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance to any aid or input.

2. Diablo1123

Member Diablo1123 Newcomer

United States
    If you don't mind waiting (2-3 weeks), I ordered 3 dSTT n 3 2 GB Kingtons from DealExtremes for around 130$ total. The price probably lowered now, and you should take the package which is cheaper.

3. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    SCDS1

4. collegekid589
    OP

United States
    How well do the DSTT's work for you? Any errors or anything?

5. collegekid589
    OP

United States
    Thanks a bunch for the information; it has really been helpful. I have but one more question that needs answering:

How do the Acekard, EDGE, and the Supercard do at handling homebrew emulators for SNES, NES, and Gameboy?

6. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    I have an SC-DSone. Nes emultation seems pretty much flawless (haven't done ton, but everything i've played works well). Snes is decent, but there's weird graphical glitches. I've been playing a lot of Earthbound, and i have to turn layers on and off for boss battles. As well, i've tried a few games which didn't load at all.

I cant say for the Acekard and the Edge, but i'm pretty sure a lot of it has to do with the emulators, more than the card on which its played.

7. krazedkat

Newcomer krazedkat Member

Canada
    they're all fast cards so emus good....... i think.... i have a games n music sucks i know but its slow and can run most emus flawless! even snes

8. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    Acekard 2 would be the best option, after that, DSTT. the EDGE is a clone of the CycloDS Evo, it is good, but support isn't great.

9. krazedkat

Newcomer krazedkat Member

Canada
    Get a Kingston when u get a card.... Kingston micro sds are really good [​IMG]

10. iffy525

Member iffy525 not famous

United States
    I'm also wondering what I should get. My two choices are either the M3DS Real or the AK2. The M3 has the M3Sakura firmware coming out which looks nice but the AK2 has some nice features as well, so I don't know which one to choose. Thanks.

11. The Viztard

Member The Viztard GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i say edge if you want gameplay, other than that, supercard...thats my opinion... [​IMG]

[​IMG]