Hacking Which do I buy?

collegekid589

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After too much searching around on the internet, I have arrived at three final decisions; Acekard 2, TTDS, or the EDGE. As far as I can tell, they are pretty much the exact same except for the firmware and price. That said, these are in my hopeful price range of $40 absolute maximum.

What are you guys' opinions on my selections? are there any cards that do a better job in the same price range that I forgot? All I need for the time being is to play DS games, as well as some homebrew emulators for SNES and whatever else I can find.

Also, I've hit another block with SDHC cards; any tips on those as far as cheapest buys would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance to any aid or input.

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you don't mind waiting (2-3 weeks), I ordered 3 dSTT n 3 2 GB Kingtons from DealExtremes for around 130$ total. The price probably lowered now, and you should take the package which is cheaper.

collegekid589

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Diablo1123 said:
If you don't mind waiting (2-3 weeks), I ordered 3 dSTT n 3 2 GB Kingtons from DealExtremes for around 130$ total. The price probably lowered now, and you should take the package which is cheaper.
How well do the DSTT's work for you? Any errors or anything?

collegekid589

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a bunch for the information; it has really been helpful. I have but one more question that needs answering:

How do the Acekard, EDGE, and the Supercard do at handling homebrew emulators for SNES, NES, and Gameboy?

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
collegekid589 said:
Thanks a bunch for the information; it has really been helpful. I have but one more question that needs answering:

How do the Acekard, EDGE, and the Supercard do at handling homebrew emulators for SNES, NES, and Gameboy?

I have an SC-DSone. Nes emultation seems pretty much flawless (haven't done ton, but everything i've played works well). Snes is decent, but there's weird graphical glitches. I've been playing a lot of Earthbound, and i have to turn layers on and off for boss battles. As well, i've tried a few games which didn't load at all.

I cant say for the Acekard and the Edge, but i'm pretty sure a lot of it has to do with the emulators, more than the card on which its played.

krazedkat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
they're all fast cards so emus good....... i think.... i have a games n music sucks i know but its slow and can run most emus flawless! even snes

krazedkat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Get a Kingston when u get a card.... Kingston micro sds are really good
biggrin.gif

iffy525

not famous
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm also wondering what I should get. My two choices are either the M3DS Real or the AK2. The M3 has the M3Sakura firmware coming out which looks nice but the AK2 has some nice features as well, so I don't know which one to choose. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr