OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As the topic says...I can't tell which Camera to buy -.-
Penasonic, Olympic; Canon...they all have around 8 Mpx and have the similar settings...any feedbacks on what you guys use? which one would you suggest for a guy who wants to invest in a good camera that has high quality pictures, last long(batteries), and is portable?

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We've had a topic like this before...

What price range are you looking for? What type?

I own a Nikon D90 Digital SLR, Canon Powershot S3IS and a Canon Powershot SD1000.

SLR, Superzoom and Ultra Compact

All have great battery life and take great pictures.

Right off the bat, I'll suggest these following models:

- Canon Powershot SD1100 IS (a good all rounder with image stabilizer, affordable price, great battery life and excellent picture quality)
- Nikon Coolpix S52 (another good all rounder) or S60 (if you can afford it as it is all touch screen....I'm not a fan of touch screen cameras though...mind you I find the Nikon interfaces a bit odd)
- Panasonic LUMIX TZ4 or TZ5 (wide angle + super zoom + Leica lens + generally compact)

helpme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ive got a ricoh R6 its a couple of years old but the picture quality is amazing for a compact camara
i think ricoh make top of the range camaras the newest compact model is the ricoh R10 which should be amazing as well

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I use a sony DSC-h5 myself, it works really well, but I am nothing like a pro or anything...

Don't get too hung up on megapixels though.... unless you are printing large posters or something. the optics are more important.

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have been doing a lot of reading. I am really wanting a high quality compact pocket camera. I decided I'll probably stick with Canon since they are really well known for the digital cameras... now problem is...which one should I get? sd1100 looks good, but what makes the others so much pricier besides Megapixels?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U