Which did you liked more: Sonic Generations for PC or 3DS?

What Sonic Generations did you liked more PC or 3DS?

• Nintendo 3DS

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • PC (and other platforms)

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

Dunno how 3DS one looks like. The only problem with PC version is that it has a bug that doesn't let you start the game lol. Its fixable, but still annoying

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I that way I like the PS3 version more, it feels more faster and looks nicer.
Really? The Steam version seems to have a bug where you need to configure the graphics before or the game wouldn't launch
Now that you put it like the perhaps i also had that same problem but it was long ago when it came out and it was easy fix so i forgot i guess...cant remember though, but i do remember it has SOME small issue now that you meantioned.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I remember not being the biggest fan of the 3DS version mostly due to the classic sonic levels. They didn’t control very well, iirc? While I definitely enjoyed Generations on the PC...but modern levels only.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Played the console version on PS3 and was only one trophy shy of the platinum (beat the final boss without taking a hit). Played the 3DS version absolutely to death too. But even though I've never been a PC gamer outside of Final Fantasy 11 about a decade ago and the occasional game of Red Alert 2 of DoW Soulstorm, even I have to admit the immense advantages the PC version has over any other given the wealth of mods and extra levels.

bitcrilk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS version gets a solid 9.5/10. It's an absolute must-buy if you own a 3DS or like Sonic, platformers, or awesome boss fights. It's easily the best 3DS title I've played.

TangentingTangerines

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PC/Console version for sure. The Modern Sonic stages on 3ds are fine because they're just more Sonic Rush, it's the Classic Sonic stuff that really ruins it, his only good stages are the first 3 levels which are only good because they're 1:1 remakes of the Genesis stages. The rest feel very boring and generic, way too much basic platforming with very few unique stage gimmicks or hazards.
In general, I was really disappointing at the stage selection, could have been a perfect opportunity to revisit handheld Sonic history on the Game Gear and GBA, but instead every stage except Water palace were from console titles.
Also, while I know the 3ds has hardware limits, the fact that Modern Sonic was stuck in 2d and the fact that Classic sonic got the homing attack 1/3 of the way through ends up making their gameplay styles feel way to similar. I have the same issue with the console/PC version to a lesser extent, Modern sonic should have just stuck to 3d with Classic doing all the 2d stuff imo, but at least the majority of his stages are in 3d, and have a very different design to them. On the 3ds they just blend together.

pat_guy7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't played Generations in a long time, but I mostly played it on Steam just for the mods obviously. I also own it on Xbox 360 before.

Never tried out the 3DS one and I dunno if I ever wanna try it. Looks boring to me, but who knows? I might try it one day if I feel like it.

D

Deleted User

I tried the 3DS version to see if it was any good. Nope, not for me.

SONIC Gens on 360/PS3/PC for Modern SONIC stages is a lot of fun, but I can't stand Classic SONIC stages. Just give me SONIC Mania instead.

EDIT: SONIC Lost World featured full 3D SONIC stages so there's no reason they couldn't have done it for Gens. They were just too lazy, imo.

Last edited by ,

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wasn't particular impressed with the DIMPS developed Sonic Generations for the 3DS. The first few levels were fine by the principle that DIMPS didn't design them, they just lifted the level designs straight out of Sonic 1, 2, and Knuckles.
The levels after that fell into the usual trappings of putting too many bottomless pits and blind hazards into levels, and regrettably large chunks of the content were arbitrarily locked behind Streetpass or Play Coin requirements.

It was disappointing after DIMPS had done so well with Sonic Rush, Sonic Rush Adventure, and Sonic Colors on the DS just before.

It's not really fair to compare the 3DS and Console/PC versions of Sonic Generations though, they're two drastically different games much like the Wii and DS versions of Sonic Colors.

D

Deleted User

I wasn't particular impressed with the DIMPS developed Sonic Generations for the 3DS. The first few levels were fine by the principle that DIMPS didn't design them, they just lifted the level designs straight out of Sonic 1, 2, and Knuckles.
The levels after that fell into the usual trappings of putting too many bottomless pits and blind hazards into levels, and regrettably large chunks of the content were arbitrarily locked behind Streetpass or Play Coin requirements.

It was disappointing after DIMPS had done so well with Sonic Rush, Sonic Rush Adventure, and Sonic Colors on the DS just before.

It's not really fair to compare the 3DS and Console/PC versions of Sonic Generations though, they're two drastically different games much like the Wii and DS versions of Sonic Colors.
I never understood why SONIC 4 feels so good and fast on Android/iOS, but on Consoles/PC it's slow. I mean, SONIC feels sluggish with his momentum and running, it's just not fast.

Oh, the Windows Phone version feels like a GBA version. I only have the demo on a WP phone I own although I wish it was the full game. That for me is the best one despite looking "outdated."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey