Homebrew Which CORE file do I use to run "KoF 2002" and "Marvel Vs. Capcom"?

TheArcuzHunter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEW PROBLEM NOW, GOT THE RETROARCH RUNNING. PLEASE HELP!
So, finally, I installed the RetroArch on my wii, the 1.5 version. Thank you all for the help! So, when I try to run "King Of Fighters 2002" ( kof2002.zip, so I run it on a zip file) on the MAME Core, or the CPS 1 and 2 cores and NeoGeo Core, It would just give me a black screen,and then throw me back to the homebrew channel. Am I missing some files, or something, because I don't know what to do...

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for the reply, will try the Final Burn Alpha! what about the Marvel Vs. Capcom? where does it run best?
Final burn alpha. That should be the main arcade emulator to use, don't worry about mame, or cps or any of that, final burn alpha does all you are asking. Make sure the romset is a good dump and named properly. Once again, don't expect all games to run, as not every game is possible to play on wii hardware.

TheArcuzHunter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Final burn alpha. That should be the main arcade emulator to use, don't worry about mame, or cps or any of that, final burn alpha does all you are asking. Make sure the romset is a good dump and named properly. Once again, don't expect all games to run, as not every game is possible to play on wii hardware.
So... I need to use a romset, not a single rom, right? Because I'm only using single Zip files, not an entire romset... Also, which of the next do I use: final burn alpha cps1, final burn alpha cps2, fceumm, final burn alpha NeoGeo? They all have "_libretro_wii.dol"
Edit: Final Burn Alpha_libretro_wii.dol wont even load KoF neither Marvel vs. Capcom... The other cores do, but throw me back to the homebrew channel before it even loads... It just gives me a black screen.

Last edited by TheArcuzHunter,

TheArcuzHunter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KoF 2002 is probably too big to work on Wii (the amount of RAM is not enough). For MvC, try the CPS2 core.
Thank you, tried the MvC on the CPS2 core, gave me a "quick menu" with "no items". On the bottom says the FB alpha 2012 CPS2 version 0.2.97.28
Basicly a blank screen (green) with that info.
Any idea how to get it working???

Last edited by TheArcuzHunter,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arcade games are a compilation of files compressed into a single zip file. In order to make the game work you need a rip of the board it came from and it must be the full file system. If you get file sizes of zip roms that are very small they aren't the right one, those are "child" rom files. You need a "Parent" rom file. Those are the biggest zip file of the variety that holds all the required data to play the rom. There should be a audit tool to assist in providing if you got a good rom dump.

Secondly, in order to play neo geo games, you need neo geo bios. A good one to have is universe bios variety. Find a bios, rename it "Neogeo.zip" and put it in the same folder as your neo geo games.

Third, Use final burn alpha 2012, I guess. Not all arcade games will work as once again, the wii hardware has limitations.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-on-wii-most-mame-roms-arent-working.418618/

TheArcuzHunter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O
Arcade games are a compilation of files compressed into a single zip file. In order to make the game work you need a rip of the board it came from and it must be the full file system. If you get file sizes of zip roms that are very small they aren't the right one, those are "child" rom files. You need a "Parent" rom file. Those are the biggest zip file of the variety that holds all the required data to play the rom. There should be a audit tool to assist in providing if you got a good rom dump.

Secondly, in order to play neo geo games, you need neo geo bios. A good one to have is universe bios variety. Find a bios, rename it "Neogeo.zip" and put it in the same folder as your neo geo games.

Third, Use final burn alpha 2012, I guess. Not all arcade games will work as once again, the wii hardware has limitations.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-on-wii-most-mame-roms-arent-working.418618/
Oh, ok. Thank you for all of this info!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: