which cIOS works best with which usb loaders

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by AtMyWiitsEnd, Sep 16, 2009.

Sep 16, 2009
  1. AtMyWiitsEnd
    OP

Newcomer AtMyWiitsEnd Member

United Kingdom
    trawling through the forums found many psuedo answers but nothing concrete or when i did they were talking about old things which i cant find any morei have usb loader gx wananikos 1.5 and coverfloader but none copy and play resident evil 4 they all copy but none play also i am running cIOS249 rev 14

2. Pakatus

Member Pakatus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Portugal
    Have to try [​IMG]
    Rev14 kinda "broke" double layer games like SSBB, making it playable only with cIOS222/223.
    Also, Guitar games work better on cIOS222/223.

However cIOS249 is really faster than 222, and has better compatability in all games. So its a question of trying it out and see how it works for you.

3. zektor

Member zektor GBAtemp Maniac

United States

Where do you get this information? Hermes cIOS222/223 is the same speed as cIOS249....actually, with V4 it may be even faster. There is no game that cIOS222/223 cannot play that cIOS249 can. And as a matter of fact, there is a game that cIOS222/223 CAN play that cIOS249 cannot on USB Loaders...Guitar Hero 5.

So, in fact, cIOS222/223 is more compatible and possibly faster than cIOS249. Let's not pass around false info here.

4. AtMyWiitsEnd
    OP

Newcomer AtMyWiitsEnd Member

United Kingdom
    thanks for the info will try that with my loaders is it all down to the correct cIOS whether a game plays or not?

5. Dr. Clipper

Member Dr. Clipper GBAtemp Addict

Australia
    Nope. The loader is important too. Not all the loaders support IOS222/223, and even loaders that support it have different levels of support. Also there's the alt .dol method which is much better handled in some loaders than others. Generally, if you want the best compatibility, you need to go with Configurable or Wiiflow.

6. Pakatus

Member Pakatus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Portugal
    This statement was based only in my experience.
    Trying to boot games in cIOS222 and in cIOS249, and allways found 222 a little slower than 249.

Was that a shock somehow? [​IMG]

7. zektor

Member zektor GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Give Configurable USB Loader a try (especially the special 222 version) or the 222 version of Wiiflow a try. Both are extremely fast, and Configurable USB Loader is the most stable.