Hacking Which cios for Rock Band 3?

lucasbuck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using an SDHC and I saw older guides saying to use cios 20 rev b to get SDHC and the instruments working together. But then I saw some info on d2x because of a lag issue. Can anyone tell me what I should be using, and if I need to patch 37? Thanks for any help!

lucasbuck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it makes a difference, my Wii is softmodded and has a chip. It's the original RB3 disc, but I am using the WADs to get DLC. And for the record, I love RB which is why I bought it, and the DLC. But when my old Wii died, I couldn't move my purchased DLC, so I used the WADs that unlocked everything.

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it makes a difference, my Wii is softmodded and has a chip. It's the original RB3 disc, but I am using the WADs to get DLC. And for the record, I love RB which is why I bought it, and the DLC. But when my old Wii died, I couldn't move my purchased DLC, so I used the WADs that unlocked everything.
use d2x cIOS's from ModMii.

lucasbuck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info! So the latest d2x and then use dop-mii for 56, yes to everything? Just making sure I didn't miss anything.

lucasbuck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I originally did this I did 'launch Dop-Mii (You have to put Dop-Mii on your apps folder on your sd card). Then press a to continue. Dan you have to stand on IOS: 36 and press a. Then you have to press A on IOS, BC, HIOS. Then you have to go to IOS 56. And do the newest version. Then press + to patch the IOS.'

(Edit: I was getting an error, but I guess the shop channel was down!)

On a side note, do I just have to install the d2x? Or do I have to load it and make sure it's running off that one? I'm new to softmodding, and wasn't quite clear how it worked. If it loaded the correct one automatically after install, or we have to. Thanks for the patience.

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I originally did this I did 'launch Dop-Mii (You have to put Dop-Mii on your apps folder on your sd card). Then press a to continue. Dan you have to stand on IOS: 36 and press a. Then you have to press A on IOS, BC, HIOS. Then you have to go to IOS 56. And do the newest version. Then press + to patch the IOS.'

(Edit: I was getting an error, but I guess the shop channel was down!)

On a side note, do I just have to install the d2x? Or do I have to load it and make sure it's running off that one? I'm new to softmodding, and wasn't quite clear how it worked. If it loaded the correct one automatically after install, or we have to. Thanks for the patience.
Yes.

lucasbuck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. But do you mean yes I have to patch 56, yes d2x and other needed ios's (or cios's) load automatically, or yes I have to set them to run after install? (Those last two are mutually exclusive)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise