Which cartridge to Purchase?

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by g3mac_uk, Jul 31, 2006.

Jul 31, 2006
  1. g3mac_uk
    OP

Newcomer g3mac_uk Newbie

United Kingdom
    I dont want to p**s anyone off here, I have read the reviews and searched the forums but the ammount of information is massive and I simply cant figure out which cartridge to purchase.

I only have a GBA at the moment but plan to upgrade to a DS in about a year (need a new PC first).
    I would like to be able to run homebrew code. Media (i.e. SD / Mini-SD) isn't really an issue nor is cost.
    Is the RTC thing an issue? tried to find a list of games which requires one but to no avail.
    Movie watching would be nice but again not really required.
    Oh yeah, and playing "backup" games is essential as I travel alot due to work.

So which cartridge would you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance.
    G3mac_uk [​IMG]

2. phoood

Member phoood taking it to a whole new level.

United States
    Supercard miniSD?

I don't even own any kind of cart at the moment (making a paypal account right now..) but from my massive reading, i guess that's a good choice from your specifications, thats an alright match.

3. sipoon

Member sipoon GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    ds games do not have rtc on the cartridges...it is more relevant for gba

4. beedog19

Member beedog19 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    There's a good amount of very capable GBA flash cards. If you don't plan on getting a ds for about a year I would definatly go for a GBA cart and wait for the DSL solutions to improve. My suggestions would be the EFA-linker, EZ Flash 2 or 3 or if you want removable storage I would go M3 just because the supercard compatibility is supposed to be kinda spotty.

5. g3mac_uk
    OP

Newcomer g3mac_uk Newbie

United Kingdom
    Thanks Guys for the response, I decided to go for the M3 Mini SD, as its compact, had the best reviews overall and I got it delelivered for £45.

Now all I need is the software to program this thing.

Thanks
    G3mac_uk