Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sidneyyoung said:
Kaos999 said:
Can the SCDS1:

Boot your last played game if you hold L+R?
Change brightness IN-GAME?
Run games with full download play and soft-reset capability without the need to set any settings beforehand?
Have a support forum where the creators actually talk to you and listen to feature requests, then implement those requests in later firmwares?
Run NDS games off any MicroSD card without having to install firmware files onto that card? For example, I could take the card from my friends R4, and it will work perfectly in my CycloDS without having to copy firmware files onto it.

Does it do those things?
If not, go with the CycloDS, because it does.

1) It might do, I don't know if the DSTT, or Y's menu support that feature, it's hardly a 'wow' feature though
2) not as far as i know
3) yes, just make them the default settings in scds1 menu, same for the other 2 operating systems, DSTT and Y's
4) Yes, if a game gives trouble, they fix it quickly.
5) No, but having the firmware on the mem card can give massive advantages like being able to run 3 operating systems via a choice of a button press.

I would like to ask,

1) Can the cyclo have multiple save files for one game ?
2) Does the cyclo have a real time game guide function ?
3) Does the cyclo have a true real time AR/Dipstar cheat engine ? The ScDS1 via the DSTT/Y's loaders can also run the standard xml cheat single file, as well as it's own true real time one.
4) Can the cyclo run a 'clean save' without using patching on the save area of a rom ? The scds1 own operating system has 3 ways of saving as well as point 1's multiple save files for one rom.
5) Can the cyclo run 3 operating systems, and jump from one to the other at will ? Just hold a button at reset or bootup for the choice of 3 sytems.
6) Can the cyclo run mp3's and video without additional software ?
7) Will the cyclo have the same level of support 2 to 3 years down the line as Supercards slot-2 range recives now ?

1) No, but it will probably be implemented.
2) No, but is being implemented in the next firmware update.
3) No real time cheats, but still has a pretty good cheat engine.
4) I believe it saves without patching anything, as it didn't ge tthe MoD screen, which was apparently due to patching of the ROM. It does write the saves directly to the MicroSD card, however, so there's no need to write them on reboot.
5) You keep going on about being able to switch between operating systems. The only reason you would need to be able to do that is if the first operating system didn't do everything you needed. I see that as a disadvantage.
6) No, but it has a shortcut button for moonshell if it is installed.
7) I don't see why not. TC has been supporting their product since it came out, and they don't look like they're going to stop anytime soon.

My own question!

1) Does the SCDS1 natively support the EZ Flash 3-in-1 as RAM expansion and rumble? The CycloDS can use the expansion as RAM without the need to use any other programs or homebrew. Same for rumble.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sidneyyoung said:
I would like to ask,

1) Can the cyclo have multiple save files for one game ?
2) Does the cyclo have a real time game guide function ?
3) Does the cyclo have a true real time AR/Dipstar cheat engine ? The ScDS1 via the DSTT/Y's loaders can also run the standard xml cheat single file, as well as it's own true real time one.
4) Can the cyclo run a 'clean save' without using patching on the save area of a rom ? The scds1 own operating system has 3 ways of saving as well as point 1's multiple save files for one rom.
5) Can the cyclo run 3 operating systems, and jump from one to the other at will ? Just hold a button at reset or bootup for the choice of 3 sytems.
6) Can the cyclo run mp3's and video without additional software ?
7) Will the cyclo have the same level of support 2 to 3 years down the line as Supercards slot-2 range recives now ?
1. IMO the multiple save file is pretty useless as it does NOT create physically separate save files, and has a few bug ATM as well. Also, the SCDS1 is pretty annoying in defaulting to 8.3 save filenames even though it IS perfectly capable of reading long filenames. (Well, sort of, since it apparently relies on the long file name have the same 8.3 filename that it would have created. I wish that Supercard would fix this annoyance as well.)
2. Supposed to be added, but I can't really see the utility of such a feature, esp since the SCDS1's lacks a search function, and the conversion software is crap.
3. I don't usually/often use cheats, so this was never a feature/missing feature to me for either cart
4. This is a ridiculous argument, as the "clean" mode MUST save to onboard PSRAM which -> it also MUST patch the ROM some how. Also once the onboard battery dies, there goes your clean mode. More to the point would be all of the ROMs on the SCDS1 that fail to run in patch mode and for which Supercard ha snot fixed yet!
5. Be serious. The only reaosn that I was remotely interested in other shells was to get speed rather than the pokey ass SCDS1 default ancient moonshell hack.
6. The SCDS1 only can since they used a hacked ancient version of moonshell, but to really be useable as a multimedia player it REALLY need a newer version of moonshell to be installed.
7. Probably, but with all flakey batches of SCDS1 v3s out now, I'm beginning to wonder who will outlast whom.

[EDIT]
You forgot my favorite SCDS1 feature though:
8. Does the Cyclo DS Evolution have soft-reset from most homebrew apps?
8. No, but supposedly it is being explored for inclusion in v1.4 firmware.
[/EDIT]

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@cutterJohn.... you should sell it.
@Kaos999.... yeh the y's menu has built in gba 3in1 support.

I'm keeping mine though, it's dam awesome and it just seems to keep getting better and better, I agree with sidneyyoung it definately has more features, the tripple loader menu operating sytem is just wow.

btw.. I hear multiple skin options and an improved cheat/guide menu interface are next on the agenda from the chinese supercard team, I can't wait.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YSMenu does have built-in GBA support, but it doesn't (yet) save correctly, at least not on the DSTT with the eWin 2in1.

-Bri

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nice thread. so from this, im torn between scDS1 (i really do not like super card for some reason..from since slot-2 days). and cyclo ds. lol.

i see alot of advantages between both, but to me, main concern is full game compatibility, maybe wii-ds connectivity, and the ability to use rayder's cheat database file
smile.gif
lol.

RTS i dont care about. slow motion (MAYBE). anything else is luxury.

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if cheats are your thing you can use rayders file on the DSTT and/or Y's menu and the true real time cheat menu of the scds1, masses of cheats at sccheats.co.uk ,but I like to create my own custom ones personally
wink.gif

leathco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Surprised I haven't seen this yet....I'm voting for the M3 Real Perfect bundle. Plays every DS game so far (all I've tried at least) every GBA game with the included Expansion Pak that also works with the DS Browser, and also comes with a Rumble Pak for those who like the whole vibrating thing. I also like the skinable interface, and the whole just drop the rom in and it works regardless of NDS, GBA, or even older systems like the NES.

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
rasputin said:
Well if cheats are your thing you can use rayders file on the DSTT and/or Y's menu and the true real time cheat menu of the scds1, masses of cheats at sccheats.co.uk ,but I like to create my own custom ones personally
wink.gif

ever since M3 was better at gba/ds for slot 2 over the Supercard, i never trusted supercard, i always seen them as inferior and SECOND PLACE.

out of curiosity, for the phoenix wright fans, once in a while u get stuck..anyways, no point for the story..is it possible to view a txt file without exiting the game and launching moonshell?
biggrin.gif
i think it is, but i dont know with which firmware for the supercard.

EDIT: found this out myself, i believe it does support it:) not sure about if it works with txt files though:)

ALSO, does the newest final fantasy game work flawlessly with the supercard?
biggrin.gif
i guess because of the slot2 days, im very scared of the supercard and its compatibility, lol.

also, did it work from the beginning, or was there a fix released for it? and if there was a fix, how long did the fix take to appear?

EDIT again:
i found the super card and the DSTT latest updates in the download section, but i cannot find Y's menu, i think i seen a link saying he wants people to get it from his site, but not sure where. can i please get the link:)

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
leathco said:
Surprised I haven't seen this yet....I'm voting for the M3 Real Perfect bundle. Plays every DS game so far (all I've tried at least) every GBA game with the included Expansion Pak that also works with the DS Browser, and also comes with a Rumble Pak for those who like the whole vibrating thing. I also like the skinable interface, and the whole just drop the rom in and it works regardless of NDS, GBA, or even older systems like the NES.
Unfortunately, the M3 real suffers from terrible problems. For instance, it's interface is too slow, and its outer shell is too weak. Most people said it felt as if it would break under any sort of pressure, which puts it at a disadvantage. It is considered one of the slowest slot-1s available. Every other Slot-1s have a skinning engine, and same for NES, and GBA (If you have a GBA expansion that is)That's why not so many people recommended the M3 real.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn