Which cart should Mac users buy?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by linkycat, Nov 6, 2007.

Nov 6, 2007
  1. linkycat
    OP

Newcomer linkycat Member

United States
    Okay, I am a PC guy, but my friend is a Mac user... and he wants to buy a flashcart. I have a DS-X (i know i know.. they used to be cool) but I dont' know which product to tell him to get because he will have no access to a windows machine.

So which flashcart provides best support for a non-PC person?

Thanks everyone!

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Support isn't really necessary if you just want to run games, it will be fine as long as the computer can read micro SD cards (I don't see why Apple computers can't).

If you really need to choose a card based on your computer, stick to removable memory.

3. Eyedunno

Member Eyedunno GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    Yeah, most slot-1 solutions do not require you to run any PC apps. With the R4, at least, as long as you can open archives (zip, rar, etc.) and read/write FAT-formatted microSD cards (with an adapter, or with a microSD reader, or whatever), you should be fine on, PC, Mac, Linux, BSD, whatever. The firmware is already compiled for your DS, so all you need to do is unzip it and put it all in the root of the microSD.

Slot-2 cards are more problematic, which is why I recommend the Ewin Expansion Pak (for the 22nd time this week [​IMG] ) if you want to run GBA stuff too. This is because, unlike most slot-2 solutions, the Ewin builds patch files on your slot-1 microSD and patches the games on the fly each time they load into RAM. Most other Slot-2 cards require SRAM patching, and I don't know if there's a good mac app for this.

4. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    G6 Real, works like a charm, love it love it love it!
    I'm using an Intel iMac btw.