Hacking which card with dsi enhancements play on 3ds?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i'm looking for a card that'll let me use Dsi enhancements for DS games, also play DSi titles.
Only one card does that, and it does it poorly, is the iEvo. Support for it has been fully discontinued. Just forget about the DSiFeatures altogether, they're not that great anyways.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, only the iEvolution BUT:

1) It's overpriced ($50)
2) Few DSi games have been dumped properly, so there's really nothing good to play except DS games and DSi homebrew
3) NO WiFi/Wireless
4) NO DSiWare

Additionally, the iEvolution's DSi mode was blocked in the most recent DSi update so there is a 99.99% chance it will be blocked in the next 3DS update. The creators haven't updated their cart in just under a year (10 months) so far so support is dead.

So, at best, for $50 you'd be able to use it for a few cool homebrews and (maybe two dozen or less?) properly dumped DSi roms until the next 3DS update which will almost certainly block the DSi mode. Of course, if you don't update you can use the iEvolution for longer but then it would cripple the eShop (can't access without the latest 3DS firmware) and later 3DS games requiring updates.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Black/White have DSi enhancements.
#FakeOblivious

But WiFi still won't work. The enhancement only goes as far as a 3 block battery meter and the ability to locally video chat.
WiFi has videochat too.

But the iEvo can't use WiFi due to the nature of the exploit.
I wasn't talking about the iEvo. He asked about cards with DSi enhancements, and Black/White have DSi enhancements.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Only one card does that, and it does it poorly, is the iEvo. Support for it has been fully discontinued. Just forget about the DSiFeatures altogether, they're not that great anyways.
What is the whole deal with the "DSI features" anyway? I never quite understood the difference...

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
#FakeOblivious

But WiFi still won't work. The enhancement only goes as far as a 3 block battery meter and the ability to locally video chat.
WiFi has videochat too.

I wasn't talking about the iEvo. He asked about cards with DSi enhancements, and Black/White have DSi enhancements.
But the iEvo is the ONLY card that CAN use the DSi enchancements, thus WiFi video chat is out of the question.

What is the whole deal with the "DSI features" anyway? I never quite understood the difference...
Basically, there's a few games that make use of the camera in the DSi in order to 'enhance' the game. That's it.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
#FakeOblivious

WiFi has videochat too.

But the iEvo is the ONLY card that CAN use the DSi enchancements, thus WiFi video chat is out of the question.

Basically, there's a few games that make use of the camera in the DSi in order to 'enhance' the game. That's it.
Oh, you're thinking of flashcarts. No, games are cards too.
#FakeOblivious

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Oh, you're thinking of flashcarts. No, games are cards too.
Flashcart is short for FLASH cartridge, card refers to the shape. Theoretically SD cards are also FLASH cartridges, they're just thin so we call them cards. Those terms can be used as synonyms when everybody knows what's being discussed, don't be a lexical nazi. ;)

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Flashcart is short for FLASH cartridge, card refers to the shape. Theoretically SD cards are also FLASH cartridges, they're just thin so we call them cards. Those terms can be used as synonyms when everybody knows what's being discussed, don't be a lexical nazi. ;)
Just ignore him. He's got nothing better to do than troll threads trying to start up trouble and be an all around arrogant jerk and nitpicking insignificant things, apparently.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSi-mode gets extra processing power too.
Ever tried playing Sonic Classic Collection in DS-mode?

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just ignore him. He's got nothing better to do than troll threads trying to start up trouble and be an all around arrogant jerk and nitpicking insignificant things, apparently.
Now go and highlight my comments here.
#SERVED

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it