ROM Hack Which card to use to play pokemon b/w?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sK MaGiik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just ordered both an acekard 2i and an R4 Revolution from shoptemp and i was wondering which one has less problems. So, I have a few questions(some may be dumb):
1. I know about the r4s problems and that wood needs to be used, but is that the case for all r4s or only some like the clones?
2. Do the Acekard 2i's have any bad batch or any other types of errors i should be aware of?
3. With the Acekard 2i running AKAIO 1.7.1 are Black and White running smooth without random freezes?
Thanks in advance!

sK MaGiik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply, i ordered both anyway...
wink.gif

If one doesn't work then i'll have to try the other or get a different microSD card.
I have a SanDisk 4GB and a Kingston 2gb that i use for my acekard 2.1 bad batch.
The bad batch is the reason im upgrading to the 2i and I saw the r4 for only 6$ so i was like "well why not?" and i added it to my cart.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
3 - Assuming you don't have a shitty microSD card, they run fine (with the EXP patch applied).
I've never had any slow down with my card and its an 8GB Polaroid Class 4 MicroSDHC. Yet, its not shitty and I can't play B/W. Why? Not because its shitty, because the random access controller is strict due to (HC) status and class. However if you were to try the game on a 2GB normal MicroSD, it would run fine because the random access controller is more lenient. AKAIO 1.8 will hopefully fix the problem found on most MicroSDHC's.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:
Rydian said:
3 - Assuming you don't have a shitty microSD card, they run fine (with the EXP patch applied).
I've never had any slow down with my card and its an 8GB Polaroid Class 4 MicroSDHC. Yet, its not shitty and I can't play B/W. Why? Not because its shitty, because the random access controller is strict due to (HC) status and class. However if you were to try the game on a 2GB normal MicroSD, it would run fine because the random access controller is more lenient. AKAIO 1.8 will hopefully fix the problem found on most MicroSDHC's.

Damn. that sucks. >_> Yeah I have a few SD cards and none of them function stupid on my Acekard 2i. All budget Micro Center bulk buy micro SDs I am pretty surprised.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:
Rydian said:

So that's why my Kingston 4GB MicroSDHC card won't work past the professor's speech (it's a class 4), but my Kingston 2GB MicroSD card will (No clue what it is).

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Acekard 2.1s had a bad batch once. But they stopped shipping the defectives ones
and the AKAIO firmware fixes the defective ones anyway (i know since i have a defective one).
Don't know if the official firmware fixes it though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters