Which card to use to play pokemon b/w?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by sK MaGiik, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2010
  1. sK MaGiik
    OP

Newcomer sK MaGiik Member

United States
    I just ordered both an acekard 2i and an R4 Revolution from shoptemp and i was wondering which one has less problems. So, I have a few questions(some may be dumb):
    1. I know about the r4s problems and that wood needs to be used, but is that the case for all r4s or only some like the clones?
    2. Do the Acekard 2i's have any bad batch or any other types of errors i should be aware of?
    3. With the Acekard 2i running AKAIO 1.7.1 are Black and White running smooth without random freezes?
    Thanks in advance!

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    1 - The original R4 doesn't have official support either, you'll want to use Wood.

2 - The 2i's are fine.

3 - Assuming you don't have a shitty microSD card, they run fine (with the EXP patch applied).

3. sK MaGiik
    OP

Newcomer sK MaGiik Member

United States
    Thanks for the reply, i ordered both anyway... [​IMG]
    If one doesn't work then i'll have to try the other or get a different microSD card.
    I have a SanDisk 4GB and a Kingston 2gb that i use for my acekard 2.1 bad batch.
    The bad batch is the reason im upgrading to the 2i and I saw the r4 for only 6$ so i was like "well why not?" and i added it to my cart.

4. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I've never had any slow down with my card and its an 8GB Polaroid Class 4 MicroSDHC. Yet, its not shitty and I can't play B/W. Why? Not because its shitty, because the random access controller is strict due to (HC) status and class. However if you were to try the game on a 2GB normal MicroSD, it would run fine because the random access controller is more lenient. AKAIO 1.8 will hopefully fix the problem found on most MicroSDHC's.

5. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

United States
    Damn. that sucks. >_> Yeah I have a few SD cards and none of them function stupid on my Acekard 2i. All budget Micro Center bulk buy micro SDs I am pretty surprised.

6. Awesome turtwig

Member Awesome turtwig GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I use the AK2i, no problems.

7. Aeladya

Member Aeladya *mistressOFtheCLOW

United States

So that's why my Kingston 4GB MicroSDHC card won't work past the professor's speech (it's a class 4), but my Kingston 2GB MicroSD card will (No clue what it is).

8. kevan

Member kevan Imagination rules the world

Australia
    Acekard 2.1s had a bad batch once. But they stopped shipping the defectives ones
    and the AKAIO firmware fixes the defective ones anyway (i know since i have a defective one).
    Don't know if the official firmware fixes it though

9. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    I fail to see why we need a thread for this question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.