Hacking which card to get

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if you only really need to play games in your flash linker, get an ak2i (easier-to-understand, AKAIO firmware - and it's blessed dev team - update to accommodate latest AP, etc). the 1.4-ready cards usually come at an extra, but that's about your only worry.

mrbm1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how much is the DSTWO?
do I have to update the firmware on these cards
or can I use these cards right away?
I had the ttds on my phat DS and didn't have to update

Shinigami357

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mrbm1234 said:
how much is the DSTWO?
do I have to update the firmware on these cards
or can I use these cards right away?
I had the ttds on my phat DS and didn't have to update

well, in the case of the ak2i, the card is flashed to be 1.4-ready (in the US, i believe it may cost you a dollar or so extra, in the philippines, i wasn't charged, though they they probably added the purchase cost beforehand). however, the firmware installed in the SD card will be the official AK2i firmware, which is fine for some games, but you'd ultimately have to update to akaio (currently 1.7.1) anyway, to play the latest roms and their crazy AP (i swear the japs are working hard on these AP encryptions. anyway, updating the akaio firmware is a snap)

i don't know about the DSTWO, coz i only own an ak2i myself (and prob keep it until such a time when/if i get enough for a 3DS, which would prob require a different flash linker of sorts)

hope that helps your decision. good luck.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Acekard... ur asking for the obvious
smile.gif

Shinigami357

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i'd say get an ak2i unless you have something really specific in mind. but i am slightly biased due to limited experience, lolz

Shinigami357

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
most guys here recommend buying the AK2i in ShopTemp, which, fortunately, is a part of the GBATEMP network. there's bound to be a link here somewhere.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shoptemp
Acecard 2i on Shoptemp
Supercard DSTWO on Shoptemp

If all you want is to play ds games and regular ds homebrew, go for the acecard
If you want to play gba games (and snes games, if the emulator is released) along with other, more advanced homebrew (now that the supercard SDK is out) aswell as ds games, than you will have to get the more expensive DSTWO.

naruses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mrbm1234, I reccomend you the Acekard 2i, cause it has an great team support, an great GUI, and its basically the cheapest flashcart that does the job. You should buy the Acekard 2i from here Shoptemp this is GBATemp official shop website in which you will get an excellent customer service. Believe me you will not be dissapointed with ShopTemp .

If you wanna play straight outta the box, you would want to add an micro SD, I recommend an 4gb one, and also add Premium Update + Flashing Service to your order, they will update the acekard 2i to you for the firmware 1.4 and put the lastest AKAIO firmware on your card, just for $1.

You may also want to try the SuperCard DSTWO the new flashcart which includes: Almost perfect DS Roms Compability, RTS(so you can save the game whenever you want and then continue from where you left), In Game Guide (to be able to open walkthroughs, game guides and more), In Game Cheat (be able to use cheats while on game), an Stylish GUI, an antipiracy patch database, a GameBoy Advance Emulator, the iReader (An picture and book reader) .Also in future releases(which the team Promised): DivX/Xvid movie playback(which will accept many formats like .avi,.divx,.xvid, and many more instead of the troublesome .DPG video format which most flashcards just accept), Snes Emulation, and many more. And it also comes preflashed for 1.4(which was a update that blocked flash cards but it quickly was fixed by almost every flashcard team and only requires an update).

And great for you for not being one of those n00bs that are just asking where to order R4i, you made your research and made a topic for asking.
wink.gif

BTW heres a direct link to the Acekard 2i

Also, if you order the Acekard 2i, when it arrives you would wanna check the Acekard 2i Guide made by TK Saturn.

EDIT: if you want it before 12 days you may wanna order express shipping.

mrbm1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
naruses thanks for your response
I already have a micro sd from my phat ds so I don't
need a new one but thanks for the idea
what do I have to do to my sd card? update firmware? how?
is leetmod a good place to order?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: This song has been my latest Kero Kero Bonito obsession. It's just so chill