which card the m3 ds simply/supercard ds (one)

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Shelleeson, Jan 30, 2007.

Jan 30, 2007
  1. Shelleeson
    OP

Member Shelleeson GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    yes i do realise that many people have already asked this question but i'm so overwhelmed by all the information on here. also i couldn't find the thread that would answer all my questions. i did the comparison between the 2 because if i'd have looked at more of them it would have made my head spin. i really have no idea which to choose between the 2 cards [​IMG]
    my other dilemma is if i choose a transflash/ micro sd which of the 2 would perfom faster
    i wish i'd never heard of them [​IMG]

sorry to the people who are sat there shaking there heads but we all have to start somewhere so here i am [​IMG]

2. Mars

Member Mars Radioactive Propaganda Minister

United States
    M3 Simply is a much better choice, it has 100% compatibility and is dead easy to use. M3 Simply works with just about any micro SD, except some have slowdowns on Castlevania PoR. I'd say the best micro SD is a Kingston manufactured in Japan. You do know M3 Simply is the same as R4, right?

3. Farami9

Member Farami9 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    mate if this is going to be your first flash cart....

GO FOR THE G6 LITE

its great for GBA, NDS, HOMEBREW and is very simple to use. No need to worry about sd cards, sd card speeds or sd card readers..... ALSO IT HAS FAST SPEEDS

if its not your first flash cart (from your post it sounds like it is) you cant go wrong with either.... Dont worry about the sd speeds or cards (its only one game - that YOU SHOULD BUY ANYWAY)

4. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    That would mean having to buy a Passme device as well. Don't listen to the bad man, go for the M3 Simply.

5. Farami9

Member Farami9 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    well buy the m3 simply as well and use that as the passme device also a passme device is cheap......

6. Shelleeson
    OP

United Kingdom
    and shame on you for confussing me [​IMG]

7. Shelleeson
    OP

United Kingdom
    well i'm now more confused than when i started [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. mikesinclair555

Member mikesinclair555 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have both and I like both equally, but I would have to say SCDS has a better save solution unless you don't mind 512kb for every save file on the M3. People complained about the SCDS having to select the save size "which only had to be done once per game if they were new and not in the .dat file. but now SCDS auto detects save size", but anyways after you fill up your cart with 50 or so games on the M3 that is 25mb worth of saves files, where on the SCDS will be alot less unless all of the games required 512kb save sizes which is highly unlikely.

9. Shelleeson
    OP

United Kingdom
    my god that's not much to complain about really i mean on a 1 gig card that's an awful lot of games to get on there i only ever have about 50 games on my phone per time so they rarely all egt played.
    so would anybody go for the m3/ kingston combi then, at least if they screw up i haven't got far to go to take them back if they do.
    has anyone had a game screw up on them. i said i had some questions LMAO. [​IMG]

10. aslacker55

Member aslacker55 I like pie

United States
    Buy the M3 DS simply, it has less problems as of right now. The problem with the SCDS is that it is picky with the micro sd card that you use with it, but if you can get a kingston micro sd(made in japan), PNY(made in japan), or Toshiba micro sd(made in japan), SCDS will run just as good as the M3 DS simply. In the other hand most micro sd run on the M3 DS simply with little or no problem. My recommendation is to buy the M3 DS simply, it comes with freebies. [​IMG]

11. Shelleeson
    OP

United Kingdom
    oooooo what freebies [​IMG] music to my ears

12. aslacker55

United States
    you get a micro sd card reader, a 2 game holder case , and a blue strap.

13. Shelleeson
    OP

United Kingdom
    does this vary from the place you get it from or is there a standard pack. [​IMG]

14. aslacker55

United States
    Thats the new standard pack as of right now. There might be other places that have older batches that comes with the key chain case and with the extra shell.

15. Shelleeson
    OP

United Kingdom
    i've just rung the place where i was gonna get the pack from and he said that the card that would come in the pack wouldn't be a branded card [​IMG] but he'll be ringing tomorrow to say whether the m3 card would be in stock because they sell out that fast.
    so now i'm not sure what to do again, i definitely don't want a non branded card and he also said the card readers were around £9 which is crap because i've seen a sandisk 1 gig card and the card reader in a pack for 15.99 so i'll get that,
    [​IMG]

16. Skyhunterjim

Newcomer Skyhunterjim Advanced Member

Greece
    Well, as I have a friend with Supercard who has always SHOWN me, not just told me that his Supercard equals my M3's abilities, in terms of DS playability, I guess, it's more like whatever you like as a name is finally what you should get.
    I, myself am ordering M3, simply feeling confident about my decision.
    Hope this somehow helps.

17. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    The R4 doesn't have problems with most microsd cards apart from the non branded ones. The m3 simple being the same will have the same problem. I have heard the supercard ds is good but you need a good microsd card to play all the games. With the m3 simple it won't matter but you might have problems playing the latest castlevania game.

18. Shelleeson
    OP

United Kingdom
    so are you saying that there are issues with the m2 card [​IMG]

19. aslacker55

United States
    Not with your M3, but the micro sd card that you use. Castlevania PoR freezes on most micro sd.

20. Shelleeson
    OP

United Kingdom
    oooooo ok. aren't you lot fed up of all the silly questions yet [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i'm just gonna go and buy it and pray to god that the castlevania game isn't the first of a long line of non working games [​IMG]