Hacking which card the m3 ds simply/supercard ds (one)

Shelleeson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yes i do realise that many people have already asked this question but i'm so overwhelmed by all the information on here. also i couldn't find the thread that would answer all my questions. i did the comparison between the 2 because if i'd have looked at more of them it would have made my head spin. i really have no idea which to choose between the 2 cards
cry.gif

my other dilemma is if i choose a transflash/ micro sd which of the 2 would perfom faster
i wish i'd never heard of them
cry.gif

sorry to the people who are sat there shaking there heads but we all have to start somewhere so here i am
shy.gif

Mars

Radioactive Propaganda Minister
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
M3 Simply is a much better choice, it has 100% compatibility and is dead easy to use. M3 Simply works with just about any micro SD, except some have slowdowns on Castlevania PoR. I'd say the best micro SD is a Kingston manufactured in Japan. You do know M3 Simply is the same as R4, right?

Farami9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mate if this is going to be your first flash cart....

GO FOR THE G6 LITE

its great for GBA, NDS, HOMEBREW and is very simple to use. No need to worry about sd cards, sd card speeds or sd card readers..... ALSO IT HAS FAST SPEEDS

if its not your first flash cart (from your post it sounds like it is) you cant go wrong with either.... Dont worry about the sd speeds or cards (its only one game - that YOU SHOULD BUY ANYWAY)

Shelleeson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
M3 Simply is a much better choice, it has 100% compatibility and is dead easy to use. M3 Simply works with just about any micro SD, except some have slowdowns on Castlevania PoR. I'd say the best micro SD is a Kingston manufactured in Japan. You do know M3 Simply is the same as R4, right?

well i do know a place close to me that is doing the complete kingston/m3 simply kit for a good price. i was told that sandisk or transcend was the better choice.
also do teh cards only take upto a 1gig card or can they take a higher amount than that.
well buy the m3 simply as well and use that as the passme device also a passme device is cheap......
and shame on you for confussing me
happy.gif

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both and I like both equally, but I would have to say SCDS has a better save solution unless you don't mind 512kb for every save file on the M3. People complained about the SCDS having to select the save size "which only had to be done once per game if they were new and not in the .dat file. but now SCDS auto detects save size", but anyways after you fill up your cart with 50 or so games on the M3 that is 25mb worth of saves files, where on the SCDS will be alot less unless all of the games required 512kb save sizes which is highly unlikely.

Shelleeson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
my god that's not much to complain about really i mean on a 1 gig card that's an awful lot of games to get on there i only ever have about 50 games on my phone per time so they rarely all egt played.
so would anybody go for the m3/ kingston combi then, at least if they screw up i haven't got far to go to take them back if they do.
has anyone had a game screw up on them. i said i had some questions LMAO.
laugh.gif

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well i'm now more confused than when i started
cry.gif
Â
laugh.gif

Buy the M3 DS simply, it has less problems as of right now. The problem with the SCDS is that it is picky with the micro sd card that you use with it, but if you can get a kingston micro sd(made in japan), PNY(made in japan), or Toshiba micro sd(made in japan), SCDS will run just as good as the M3 DS simply. In the other hand most micro sd run on the M3 DS simply with little or no problem. My recommendation is to buy the M3 DS simply, it comes with freebies.
biggrin.gif

Shelleeson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i've just rung the place where i was gonna get the pack from and he said that the card that would come in the pack wouldn't be a branded card
dry.gif
but he'll be ringing tomorrow to say whether the m3 card would be in stock because they sell out that fast.
so now i'm not sure what to do again, i definitely don't want a non branded card and he also said the card readers were around £9 which is crap because i've seen a sandisk 1 gig card and the card reader in a pack for 15.99 so i'll get that,
cry.gif

Skyhunterjim

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Well, as I have a friend with Supercard who has always SHOWN me, not just told me that his Supercard equals my M3's abilities, in terms of DS playability, I guess, it's more like whatever you like as a name is finally what you should get.
I, myself am ordering M3, simply feeling confident about my decision.
Hope this somehow helps.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The R4 doesn't have problems with most microsd cards apart from the non branded ones. The m3 simple being the same will have the same problem. I have heard the supercard ds is good but you need a good microsd card to play all the games. With the m3 simple it won't matter but you might have problems playing the latest castlevania game.

Shelleeson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
oooooo ok. aren't you lot fed up of all the silly questions yet
laugh.gif

rolleyes.gif

i'm just gonna go and buy it and pray to god that the castlevania game isn't the first of a long line of non working games
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?