which card is better and where to buy

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by lasmi, Nov 20, 2008.

Nov 20, 2008
  1. lasmi
    OP

Newcomer lasmi Newbie

United States
    hey guys I'm new. wanna buy a flashcard. which one is better, my budget is $30. and where to buy.

Thanks
    lasmi

2. anubiss

Newcomer anubiss Member

United States
    R4 or M3 Real
    R4 is cheaper but only support up to 2GB microSD. M3 Real support 8GB micoSDHC.
    go to check Depot888, i bought R4 $21.99 there with discount code 280721. No microSD include [​IMG]
    the price is down now. I'm planning to buy another card for my brother as Xmas gift. [​IMG]
    here is the link:
    R4DS with 2GB microSD $26.95
    M3Real $29.49

3. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Unless its posted in the wrong place, the OP is asking in GBA, not DS.

Also CycloDS is far better than those sorry two.

4. wilddenim

Member wilddenim Candy!

United Kingdom
    He did asked for card... *shrugs*

One note of warning: Do not buy R4. Or you'll regret it. It's now discontinued. R4 used to be an awesome flashcart but now they are very outdated and aren't updated now.

Like Hadrian said, get a CycloDS. My fiance have R4 and I have CycloDS and I can tell you, CycloDS whips R4's butt.

Although, CycloDS is a very pricy card (averaging $40-65). If you are tight on your bank, go for AceKard 2 or Edge. Edge is a clone card of CycloDS - I haven't tested it but I've heard it's pretty good card.

However, if this was in the correct thread and you are looking for Slot 2 for GBA games - get 3in1. I've got it, it seems good if you have some patience. I suggest you check this page, it's very helpful if not a bit outdated.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showforum=99

5. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    He never said he had a slot-1 device at all, so recommending the 3in1 may be a bad idea if he's looking for a standalone GBA solution.

6. lasmi
    OP

Newcomer lasmi Newbie

United States
    sry did I post in the wrong place? I got a Nintendo DS Lite.
    The product description:
    Use the built-in wireless mode to share games, chat or even play multiplayer games on-line via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.
    Play impressive 3-D rendered Nintendo DS games - and play all your favourite Game Boy Advance games in single player mode.