which burning program?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by bnm81002, May 23, 2008.

May 23, 2008

which burning program? by bnm81002 at 1:33 AM (1,345 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. bnm81002
    OP

Member bnm81002 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    my Wii is at 3.2U with Wiikey 1.9s and 1.4 config disc, it was semi-bricked when I tried 5 different Super Smash Bros. Brawl, all 5 Verbatim DVD+R DL discs doesn't work, they all have the unable to read the disc error, I installed the update disc that fixed the semi-brick state to back to normal state but all 5 SSBB discs still don't work, I heard that Nero burns of SSBB will work much better than the ImgBurn program, but how do I burn the dual layer disc with layer break which is recommended for ImgBurn? I don't see it in Nero Burning ROM version 6.6.0.8? also, I tried 2x and 2.4x burning in ImgBurn, should I try 4x? 6x? 8x? thanks for the help

2. gladi8r

Newcomer gladi8r Member

United States
    I've been using ImgBurn for dual layer discs for years and have never burned a coaster.
    The latest version 2.4.1.0 works fine for me. 4x - 8x.
    Your burner and firmware have a lot to do with it.
    I use a Pioneer 111D
    Verbatims seem to be the best media.
    I only burn proper rips, and never mess with the layer break.

3. bnm81002
    OP

United States

I have the latest version, here's how I burned the discs, I selected "write image file to disc" then "tools" then "settings" then "write" then for options "write mode"selected DVD then "write type" selected Incremental then "link size" selected Auto then "Layer Break" selected User Specified entered 2084960 then"OK" then burned the Verbatim DVD+R DL disc, I tried some with 2x and some with 2.4x speed, I am using the Plextor PX-716 drive as well, is that correct in how to use ImgBurn for DL discs?

4. gladi8r

Newcomer gladi8r Member

United States
    As long as you have a good image, you shouldn't need to manually set the break.
    Write mode "Auto" Type "DAO/SAO" link size "Auto" Layer Break "Calculate Optimal"

I'm using the exact same Wii as you are, except I stayed with 1.9g for now. Never semi-bricked though.

Choose the file, burn at a reasonable speed.
    The 360 guys have been doing this for a while now.
    I've burned over 60 DL discs without failure, including SSBB.
    I've heard of Plextor drives having trouble in the past, not sure which models.

There are also Wii laser issues for some, that only seem to show up with DL media.

Try burning using these default settings, if it doesn't work, search for your drive on 360 forums to look for problems with it.

5. skawo96

Member skawo96 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    ImgBurn. I have been using Nero, but 2/5 disc were not working. Use only ImgBurn in speed 2x-6x [​IMG]

6. bnm81002
    OP

United States

I burned a new DVD9 disc using those settings that you said but with the layer break as well with 2084960, and it worked, so I tried the 5 other SSBB discs and all those worked except the last disc, now the new SSBB doesn't work anymore, I wonder why the new SSBB won't work though? I will re-install the 1.9s and 1.4 discs then try the new SSBB disc and see what happens