which are the best games?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by lexus-8, Apr 7, 2007.

1. lexus-8
    OP

lexus-8 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2006
    LONDON
    after watching igns top 25 games i was left asking myslf which are the besdt games out of these 4?

METROID PRIME

HALO

METROID PRIME 2:ECHOES

HALO 2

tell me your thoughts and oppinions

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Owing to my only choice of a 50hz only adapter I have not played echoes yet.

Halo 1 and 2 are system sellers no doubt but they have been far surpassed and should they have appeared on the PC first I doubt they would have made much of an impact (Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast and Soldier of fortune 2 appeared a few months later with Max Payne shortly beforehand). If the multiplayer had be able to have bots we may be having a different discussion. A halfway decent story (for the first game) and co-op mode as well as an oft cloned 2 gun mechanic make for some interesting play though.

I guess that leaves metroid prime: graphics, game mechanics, gameplay I guess it has it all.

3. lagman

lagman I wish I was green.

Former Staff
    Nov 5, 2003
    Mexico
    Me, To You
    Metroid Prime is a better game, Halo is a better multiplayer.

4. 754boy

754boy :D

Banned
    Oct 24, 2002
    United States
    Mississippi
    Metroid Prime storyline is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than Halo. But Halo's multiplayer PWNS.

5. SpaceJump

SpaceJump GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 18, 2005
    Germany
    Zebes
    [​IMG] Metroid Prime [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. suprneb

suprneb GBAtemp Regular

Apr 14, 2007
    United States
    halo2 ftw

(unless GoW is on there [​IMG])

7. shaffaaf27

shaffaaf27 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 29, 2006
    london, england
    personally ts2/3 beats these,, but ill go with halo 2...it my 4th fav pc game, and my fave xbx game

8. serious_sean

serious_sean GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2005
    United States
    When i first played metroid prime, i was enamored. However, after playing it a couple of times, i was less excited. In hindsight, I think the purposefully crippled control scheme was a bad choice. But hey, MP3 will be free aim! yeah!

halo on the other hand i never really understood. I think there are a lot better multiplayer shooters on PC. Plus, halo is butt-ugly, and the level design on the single-player is atrocious.

so, i'd have to go with Ninja Gaiden Black for Xbox. But if I only had these games to choose from, I'd go with Metroid Prime. The sequel, while tougher, was more confusing, and the poorly-implmented story only served to slow the game play down.

9. pikachucrackpipe

pikachucrackpipe President

Sep 6, 2003
    United States
    USA
    none of those

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice