Which Anti Virus to use?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Isn't this the 90th thread on antiviruses I see?
ohmy.gif

AVIRA overprotective? That crappy AVG won't even let me browse a dir if there's a virus in there!
ohmy.gif
And even if I press "Ignore", it won't let me open the file. That's OVERPROTECTIVE.

Also I remember once a time that I had something like 90 viruses between trojans and worms on my pendrive (it's a long story... had to put my pendrive on a critically infected PC) and AVG didn't detect a SINGLE one of them. Same story for Avast.

AVIRA instead found them all
smileipb2.png

Who cares it's overprotective, at least you won't find your PC full of viruses in a few weeks.

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm totally pleased with AVG Free, haven't had a proper firewall for 3 years or so now (i use the Windows firewall..) but with AVG, Spybot S&D and a bit of common sense i've had less than 2-3 viruses/trojans in these 3 years(except these minor things, which doesn't do any harm, and gets erased when you scan with AVG/Spybot).

I guess that using the less known (but superior) web browser Opera instead of I.E/Firefox also adds to the security.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
UltraMagnus said:
avast! antivirus, its free, and its the best windows antivirus I have found. It seems to work better than AVG on the dozen or so computers I have tried it on.
I will vouch for this one as well - I've tried many (free) ones & this was the only one that has so far catch all virus attacks - the others had let one or two slip by

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Avira has an annoying pop-up every so often begging you to buy the full product, so I recommend against that one. Go for Avast! or AVG (although I haven't tried AVG.)

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Been using NOD32 since last year, thing isn't disruptive at all and you can turn off update notifications and everything. In fact the only time when I've ever had to deal with it was when my product key ran out (in which case it's easy to obtain another one let's say), and when a possible threat pops up. Doesn't hog up resources that much either.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
most people i know here do 220gb of download a month of homebrew and crap without a virus protection program installed or internet security

and i use trend micro online virus scanner when i notice quarks or think i should check...

virus' are aimed at your protection and stop it from working so why use it from the infected pc??

never did understand y people pay for it, or get free avg and stuff since evry hacker in the world could get it free or maipulagte it once gotten.

i knew 1 idiot downloaded nortons interent security ....riddled with trojen and virus....funny as hell to me!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: