Which Anti-Virus is best kind to use?

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need buy anti-virus for anti virus and internet security. Please don't suggest me for Norton because bad*** virus. I just simple download my favorite fangame and some how it delete by it own cuz of Norton. So I wont pick Norton.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I use Microsoft Security Essentials.
Free, and I haven't had any virus issues since I installed it years ago.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Not another "best anti-virus" thread :glare:

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm...I know they are free to download. What about store I need to buy?

No you can shoplift it :glare:
*slap your back head* What kind foolish are you? You forgot one thing. They have camera security. I will not allow to listen your stupid advice to steal the item at store. Shame on you, boy.

Adam - I did download but I need wise choice and see what people's suggest then I will do it for install.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm...I know they are free to download. What about store I need to buy?

No you can shoplift it :glare:
*slap your back head* What kind foolish are you? You forgot one thing. They have camera security. I will not allow to listen your stupid advice to steal the item at store. Shame on you, boy.

Adam - I did download but I need wise choice and see what people's suggest then I will do it for install.

*punches you in the face* I was being sarcastic but you obviously didn't get it.

Reactions: 1 person

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
1 - Why do you need to buy?

2 - Any modern anti-virus has the potential to think something's an infection when it's not. It's called a "false positive" and it happens because of "heuristicss" Read the F.A.Q. in the sticky for more info.
http://gbatemp.net/topic/298763-infection-removal-and-prevention-guide/
If a program is detecting a bunch more than it should, change it's settings. Lower the sensitivity and/or change it's default action (so it'll ask you before deleting, for example).

3 - I recommend Microsoft Security Essentials or Avast for free.

4 - It's important to know that viruses/worms and such are not the only type of infection out there (and are dwindling), you need to have some malware removal tool as well like Malwarebytes.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I second avast, it is probably the best free AV you can get. I would recommend you stay away form AVG since it installs so much useless crap in the registry it is not even funny. Also avoid the virus Norton like the plague.
Really? I saw two choice for AVG. Anti virus or anti virus with internet security. If I pick anti virus, it will keep forever. if I pick anti virus with internet security, it will be 30 days.

Pyro - Sorry, I don't take any sarcastic.

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I second avast, it is probably the best free AV you can get. I would recommend you stay away form AVG since it installs so much useless crap in the registry it is not even funny. Also avoid the virus Norton like the plague.
Really? I saw two choice for AVG. Anti virus or anti virus with internet security. If I pick anti virus, it will keep forever. if I pick anti virus with internet security, it will be 30 days.

Pyro - Sorry, I don't take any sarcastic.

Like I said I would not recommend AVG because if you ever need to uninstall it for some reason it is almost impossible even using the guides that the company puts out for its removal.

As for the 2 different versions the ati virus one is free but the AV+ Internet Security is a paid option that has a free 30 day trial.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water