Hardware Which 3ds Battery Life Extender is better?

Which one?

• Nyko Power Pak+

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • CTA Travel Charging Dock

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • None of these

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
oh, DSi is even different than DSL ?
They made 3 different connectors ? why don't they use common mini USB-A for universal charging
hate2.gif

Agreed. I LOVED how the late NES, SNES, N64, and Gamecube all use the same S-Video cord. Just like PS1,2,3.

I don't understand why they changed the DSi charger. Like Sly said, at least the 3DS and DSi are the same.

Poor Micro... has it's own unique charger. was that even necessary? >_>

fishykipper

pkmn breeder
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
they both look like 3party madcats crap.
i wouldn't even consider buying either.

who knows the battery life is going to be shit?
everyone banged on about the dsi and dsi xl having shit batteries, but i use mine all the time for good gaming sessions and I easily get 7hours on a full charge.
as long as you dont take the piss the battery will be fine. just fully discharge and fully charge.

edit: i hate unofficial stuff!

Beige

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
Poor Micro... has it's own unique charger. was that even necessary? >_>

Unfortunately, it was. I had one, and all the guts were so crammed in you could even think of fitting a charge connector separate from the link connector. They should have just included the link adapter in the box, though.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Arstechnica does a battery test, initial results say that 3rd party battery will likely be a requirement or be prepared to stay 2 feet from an power outlet and the cradle that comes with it.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/03...to-the-test.ars

It is kinda funny to conisder that coin function will likely be usless since your going to be stationary lots of the time.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
Arstechnica does a battery test, initial results say that 3rd party battery will likely be a requirement or be prepared to stay 2 feet from an power outlet and the cradle that comes with it.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/03...to-the-test.ars

It is kinda funny to conisder that coin function will likely be usless since your going to be stationary lots of the time.
It is kinda funny that the coin feature only works in sleep mode with little power being used.

Aucix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
pocchama1996 said:
xbry23 said:
pocchama1996 said:
Nyko, you can carry it and your regular battery. = 3x normal playtime where as
CTA = only 2x normal amount + 30min

Math has been done.

But with Nyko, you'll have to also carry around that screwdriver and unscrew everything... plus you'll have to bring the battery cover and original screws if you want to switch to the regular battery...
unsure.gif

I suppose thats true but you'd stilll be getting another 3 hours and 30 minutes of playtime as compared to the CTA.
If im on a long car/plane ride I wont mind a little unscrewing if it means atleast another 4 hours of playtime.

Good luck getting a screwdriver on as carry-on.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nebula91 said:
malapo said:
There is also the Universal Wrist Charger. Looks pretty neat
That looks like a nice little device there but I wonder how much longer will the system have with it
unsure.gif

Well the 3DS has a 1300maH battery. This one is 1500mah at 5.5v. You get some loss from the voltage conversion. So probably best case you're getting another battery. Though realistically you're probably looking at 80% of a full 3DS battery. The CTA one is 2000maH. I can't find any comparative data on the Nyko one. Even a high resolution photo of the product doesn't show the mAH rating of the battery inside.

The 3DS must suck tons of power compared to its predecessors if the chart below is correct.

http://www.tested.com/news/nintendo-3ds-ba...-consoles/1622/

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
You could always go with this. Saw it at a local Wal*Mart once. You would just have to find a DSi USB charger to plug into it. It has either suction cups for in a car or a clip for a backpack.
Scosche SolBAT II Solar Powered Backup Battery and Charger
labels.jpg

$19.99 on Amazon, uses solar power. You could plug your 3DS in, put it in your pocket, and clip the solar charger onto a belt loop or something. Charge it while you go and as long as you have sunlight you have the ability to stay charged. Go sit outside and play all day long non stop! XD

DSi USB Charging Cable
$1.00 on Amazon. There you go! Just $21 to use the Sun to power your gaming.

philip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Many people use a Battery Expansion Pack which may double or triple the playing time, but that is the best they can get. I have found a better solution which actually allow you to have the playing time as long as you like! I have discovered a product (see the link below) actually replacing the bottom cover of the 3DS case with a battery cover - This redesign allows me to change as many batteries as I like and I can pre-charge a lot of batteries first before I go for a long trip with my 3DS.

However, don't buy too many Li-ion batteries - Many people do not know the Li-ion battery has a life span of 2 to 3 years even you never use it. The battery will dead by itself due to the unstable of Li metal.

The product link is:

Battery Charger kit with battery cover replacement

It comes with a 1300mAh battery although the package says 1000mAh. I think the bottom cover is better look and solid build than the original 3DS, but you may not agreed with me. Don't throw away the original cover as you will lost the serial number of your 3DS forever!

The image of the product can be found in the link: Product Photo

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No Name Trowa Barton said:
im not sure the 3ds battery life sucks so much. i charge mine evory 3rd day now...
DS lite: up to 15-19 hours
DSi: up to 9-14 hours
DSi XL: up to 14-17 hours
3DS: up to 5 hours

So it doesn't suck? The numbers don't lie.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
No Name Trowa Barton said:
im not sure the 3ds battery life sucks so much. i charge mine evory 3rd day now...
DS lite: up to 15-19 hours
DSi: up to 9-14 hours
DSi XL: up to 14-17 hours
3DS: up to 5 hours on 3DS games up to 8 hours on ds games.

So it doesn't suck? The numbers don't lie.
It shows me that battery isn't the best,but it isn't that bad for what the 3DS offer.

Battery AFAIK is the highest it can be at that size of the portable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?