Hacking Which 1gb micro SD for Scl (rumble)?

narius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I am thinking about getting a Super card lite or a super card lite rumble (can't decide if I want the extra ram, i dont care about gba) and was wondering which 1gb micro SD card I should get? I don't really wanna spend over $40 and all I was is something that will get the job done for the cheapest price, not overkill.

So which one should I get out of these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....tk=&srchInDesc=

Kingston
Sandisk
PNY
A-Data

I really hope that the Kingston will do because it is the one that comes with the scl rumble package on real hot stuff; will it have slowdown? I heard that the a-data card was good.

What do yall use in your Super card lite's?

deathspawn999

Trophies
XP
Country
kingston electronics get the job done for any electronic thing (ram, memory) but they are lower quality and can lead to problems. my bro had ram issues when he had kingston ram for instance. sandisk is a quality company; i would get them if i was going the SD route.

simpson17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have the sandisk ultra 2 and it runs everything i throw at it perfectly
http://shop4.outpost.com/%7BsVoIPw3Pw7aPC7...CH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

however i think people have said that the kingston also runs everything fine, as well as the regular sandisk.

but i also believe fifthelement said that kingston products are made out of the cheapest crap available.

so i'd get the regular sandisk if i was u, since it's only $9 more

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I agree with Simpson, the faster Sandisk Ultra II seems to be the best with compatibility. Anything slower and you'll have games that lag it seems such as the normal version of the card. The Ultra II is a bit expensive but it's worth it in the long run.

If you want to go for any other brands, I suggest going for ones that offer the same speed - Write 9MB/s, Read 10MB/s.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well why not test the cards?

what program can i use to test my kingston 1gb microsd?
It plays castlevania intro fullspeed on my sc lite.

i will get sc lite rumble next week, but i heard it has the same speed as normal sc lite?

narius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

pte

Trophies
XP
Country
well why not test the cards?

what program can i use to test my kingston 1gb microsd?
It plays castlevania intro fullspeed on my sc lite.

i will get sc lite rumble next week, but i heard it has the same speed as normal sc lite?

A-Data (got this), 0.7ms access time
Kingston (got this one), 2.0ms access time
Sandisk regular, 1.1ms
Sandisk Ultra II, 1.0ms
Kingmax, 0.8ms access time

Kingstons seem to be up to luck. Ive got one, you got one. You were lucky yet you spread false info that they rock 24/7. Saying out that others have had bad experiences never makes you look bad. People just waste their money due to not saying how things really are. Even if there is one misbaptized child you should always tell about it.

A-Datas perfect,
Sandisks perfect,
KingMaxes perfect,
Kingston, up to luck

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I dont know what you are talking about. I tested 8 pieces of kingston 1gb microsd, here are the results:

HD Tach 3.0.1.0
Random Access: 0.6ms
Average Read: 4.7 MB/s

This is with both Quick and Long Bench and same results with all 8 kingston 1gb microsd cards.

So you can tell me i'm spreading lies, but i think you are, how many pieces did you test?

pte

Trophies
XP
Country
2x 512MB (SDC/512 TAIWAN).

Where was your's manufactured in? And I didn't said you spread lies, just misinform. If some cards don't function like the rest it means something ain't right. That has been the case with Kingston for a long time. And if you tested 8 cards, please include the error marigin since there is one.

My Kingston's are manufactured in Taiwan. On another forum someone mentioned that they are slower from factory x than from factory b. If that is the case like I suspect along with few other people... they do suck. Due to bad luck your gaming experience might be bad.

pte

Trophies
XP
Country
See, mine aren't manufactured in Japan. You don't see where they are from unless you open the package. Basically it is up to your luck whether it sucks or not.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got both the regular Sandisk 1GB and the UltraII 1GB ... I can test/compare these to some extent if someone really cares, but I'm 39 w/ 3 kids so I don't have time like most of you for trivial projects. Name a particular test, such as the Castlvania vid or whatever, and I'll run 'em both in the same SCLite and tell you what's up.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've got both the regular Sandisk 1GB and the UltraII 1GB ... I can test/compare these to some extent if someone really cares, but I'm 39 w/ 3 kids so I don't have time like most of you for trivial projects. Name a particular test, such as the Castlvania vid or whatever, and I'll run 'em both in the same SCLite and tell you what's up.

I will save you some testing then, because ultra II and regular vanilla both ran castlevania perfectly fine with the newer firmware under sc lite.

kaska

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whats the biggest flash card that super lite rumble supports? and do i need a passme card to play nds games? I have no clue what passme does and why its needed. thanks

correct me if im wrong.. all i need is a Nintendo DS lite, supercard lite, a minisd card, and then i should be able to play games on the flash cart?

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
See, mine aren't manufactured in Japan. You don't see where they are from unless you open the package. Basically it is up to your luck whether it sucks or not.

You can see it perfect, they hang in the store and i ask the guy behind the counter if i can take a look at it.
its plastic packaging so you can clearly see what it says on the microsd.

where did you buy your taiwan microsd? from ebay or something? or from a normal store?

pte

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, if the microSD isn't in the adapter and it is upside down you can see it... I don't have any memories that the manufacturing country would be visible on the plastic cover.

Buying it online is even more of a risk.

And yes, it was bought from an official Kingston reseller, a real store.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The microsd is in the packaging like this:
microsd.jpg

Where does you card says taiwan? on the back of the card?
blink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off