Hacking which 1 slot is better?

According to ease of use/price/features/ and most compatible, which one is the best?

• G6 Real

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • R4

• EZ V

• DS-X

• CycloDS

• Total voters

DarkMatt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There's heaps of stuff on here about it, as well as other places, but most people (including myself) will recommend the R4DS. The CycloDS has more features (mainly SDHC compatibility if the new R4 update is coming soon), but is more expensive, and for the price, the R4 can't be beaten.
happy.gif

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
Yet another poll without the SC-ONE. I would say buy the SC-ONE. Cheap easy to use, in game cheat function, slow motion in game,full skinnning,etc. The only cards at the moment to support SDHC right now are the CycloDS and the DSLinker because they keep their firmwares on a seperate part of the flashcart(not on the microsd). This means carts like the R4,EZ-V,SC-ONE,etc can do it. The SC-ONE's micro firmware got upgraded so that might be a step towards built in firmware(which could suppot SDHC).

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you are not concerned about price, get the G6DS Real
smile.gif

SC-ONE isn't bad anymore unless you have anything but the Kingston/Toshiba Japan cards, and it is sold at a price which allows it to compete with the R4.

ahtin told me that R4 was out of stock for one or two months, so that may cut that choice out for a while.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Why is the DS-X even ON that list?! It's proven to be the one of the worst.
frown.gif

I voted R4.

IMO, SC-ONE should be there instead of DS-X.

acidrain

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd say R4. With the new firmware, it now has more download play compatibility than G6DS Real. Personally, I prefer removable storage because it's expendable. I've got one for little more than a month and nothing bad to say.

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is the ncard always ignored?
It is cheapest, has soft reset, has always has 100% compatibility with all roms and requires no laggy micro sd card!
It is great for people that just want to play commercial roms, yet it is ignored!

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would say R4 as well. You just have to look at bamboogaming. The new stock of the R4 is sold out before it even arrives. They arn't taking any orders until they can confirm when the new stock is arriving.

djjadom3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so ill probably be purchasing the r4 soon...but...what is the most high capacity/most compatible card available? (want to play all the laggy games too

TheNeck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I voted R4, i just got my 1st flashcart about a month ago, which was the CycloDS Evolution, which I love, the reason I got it at the time is because of the download play support, but now the R4 is just as good. So for the $ R4 hands down, then the G6 Real 16GB, then the CycloDS. I think my next flashcart will be the G6 Real 16GB.

Either way me personally, R4, G6 Real, or CycloDS, you cant go wrong.

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Most all incompatibilities with the R4 have been resolved with newer updates.

And the R4 will never support SDHC as it requires different hardware also. SDHC hardware is backward compatibile, but plain SD is not forward compatible.

sethsez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont see how the R4 is more compatible. Looking at GBATemp's own review, it has many more incompatibilitys than an EzFlash.
GBAtemp's review is based on a launch unit with launch firmware. One of the big problems with relying on reviews for flashcarts is that things can change so fast that more often than not reviews can be outdated a couple weeks after they're put up.

Deron

Trophies
XP
Country
Well at the store im buying from the cycloDS only costs about 4,50$ more. So i think i'll go with cycloDS instead, cause ive heard its better. I live in sweden ig you wonder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.