Hacking wheres that $5 ds flashcart I heard so much about?

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
everytime I go into a post on the 3ds fourms about dsi homebrew on the 3ds, I see posts like, "get a flashcart" "they're like $5 dollars or less" I would like to buy one to see what its like using a ds flashcart and if my experience goes well, maybe buy my cousins one as well...

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Closest there is to a $5 DS flashcart is the original R4 which you can find on nds-card.com and a few other sites. Until recently, original R4 didn't work on 3DS. But it does now thanks to patched TWL_FIRM and special launchers. You need an exploitable console to do that however. ;)

If using n3DS, I'd recommend a DSTT instead. It's about a dollar or two more. The main reason being that on n3DS some cheaper revisions of the original R4 have contact issues in the slot due to the slightly different size/shape of the cartridge slot being used by the n3DS. I have not confirmed this, but it may get along better with the o3DS. 2DS is known to have issues with the R4 in this regard as well.

A DSTT is probably your best bet if you have a 2DS or n3DS.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
One problem with the R4 revolution is it needs a 2GB mSD card or less which you probably don't have and is very rare in stores. It's available online for about $8, but that adds to the effective cost.

It's a great option if you already have a compatible mSD.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
That and R4 is (currently) the only card I've successfully started/accessed in DSi mode. So in the future it could become one of the very few cards that could run DSi Enhanced games with DSi features enabled. The iEvolution is the only other card that officially does that now and that one is around $38 at the cheapest.

Reactions: NoxiousNinja

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.