Hacking Where's ma bootmii

DeviousTom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's been a while since I modded my Wii in any, so I don't quite remember how to really do anything or what I did, and as well as modding, I haven't played Wii much at all. Just a few days ago I started playing a bit and after turning on my Wii, I get no signal, but I am in the Bootmii menu (it just doesn't show up). I can pretend like the Bootmii menu is there and navigate through it, all though I don't remember much of the options that are present, I found that pressing "on" 4 times and then "reset" gets me to the Homebrew Channel, and pressing "reset" right off the bat gets me to the system menu. Anyone think they know what's going on? I think this started after I gave my friend my component cables and went back to composite, although I have no clue if that's the problem.

Also since I guess I'll be playing Wii a little bit more now I need to do some updating, so I'm also wondering if updating to priiloader from preloader 0.29 requires me to uninstall preloader (if that's even possible) or if I can just run the priiloader (v0.5) right now. Since I literally just updated my HBC to 1.08, I'm guessing I need to update Bootmii as well, if I do update Bootmii, will my former NAND dumps be incompatible? And finally, is it safe or even necessary to update to rev17 or rev20?

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Check how your bootmii.ini is configured. The Wii cannot output progressive video formats via traditional (composite/s-video/rgb) cables, only with component.

DeviousTom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, good call there good Fat D, that indeed fixed the bootmii menu problem. Other problems aside, I just have one more question, when installing cMIOSes, does that require that I launch retail GC discs from the backup launchers as well? Because after installing a CMIOS the retail GC games don't appear on the original Wii disc channel, and I'm wondering if that's supposed to happen.

DeviousTom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lol, I was able to fix it by enabling the "move the disc channel" hack in priiloader. I guess before when I enabled that hack on preloader, it must of turned off after I updated to priiloader and so my Disc Channel was a little messed, but it's all good now. Ty for all help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end