Where would one in the US buy a WiiKey Fusion?

pastaconsumer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm looking to buy a WiiKey Fusion in the US. Problem is, I'd rather not go through a modchip reseller. Anyone have recommendations? (Looked on eBay and Amazon and found nothing except a XenoGC, which loads discs, not SD cards.)
EDIT: To avoid confusion, I'm modding my GameCube.
EDIT 2: I am looking for something like the Wiikey Fusion/WASP Fusion, as SD is most convenient to me. As far as I know, XenoGC only supports discs.

Last edited by pastaconsumer,

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A guy runs a site for console mods called badassconsoles.com. He used to sell the WASP Fusion (identical to the Wiikey Fusion), but they've been out of stock for a long time.

As mentioned above, the Wiikey is really not needed unless you intend to use it on a GameCube.

Last edited by JacksonS,

pastaconsumer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What this guy said. Just buy a 1 tb hard drive and go nuts. I dont see a reason to get a modchip
I mentioned in the OP that I can't use a XenoGC. XenoGC (as far as I know) only works on GameCube, which is what I'm modding. My apologies for the confusion, I'll update the OP to clarify this.

pastaconsumer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why cant you just use a softmod rather than a modchip
I've found that most of the games I've tried don't work through SD Gecko. And Mini DVD-Rs add up when you need a lot of them. Hell, cheapest I found were $15. I like the convinience of an SD card, so WASP Fusion/Wiikey Fusion should work for me.

Returnofganon

I pretend like I know what I'm talking about
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've found that most of the games I've tried don't work through SD Gecko. And Mini DVD-Rs add up when you need a lot of them. Hell, cheapest I found were $15. I like the convinience of an SD card, so WASP Fusion/Wiikey Fusion should work for me.
I thought you where using a wii. That was my bad

Reactions: pastaconsumer

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you do get a Wiikey or WASP, make sure to install Swiss firmware on it (you'll need an SD Gecko to do that). It allows your SD card to be formatted FAT32 and is overall more convenient.

pastaconsumer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you all for the replies! The WASP Fusion (see second post) looks good for the price, however I don't know the integrity of AliExpress (hence why I asked if anyone could vouch for the site.)
If they are legitimate, then I will order one as soon as possible! (Hey, I might even do a build log ;))
Once again you all have been a great help! I truly appreciate it!

Reactions: JacksonS

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never ordered from AliExpress, but I've never seen a fake Wiikey/WASP either. I'm not really sure how they could be fake, but I guess there's always a risk...

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated