BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been peripherally interested in playing at least one Etrian Odyssey game, but I have no idea where to start. I know there are a few on the DS and even more on the 3DS. But I dont know where would be a good place to start. I feel like if I start at the DS end of things, I might never make it to the 3DS games, but if I start at the 3DS i might not want to go to the DS games...

Input welcome.

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh thats a good point. So should I start there, or start with number 4, I think that was the first one on 3DS.

The fourth game doesn't really have mutch of a storry, it's mostly just grinding and completing quests. I wish they never released the fourth game on the 3ds.

Potato hoarder

Hoarder of Potatoes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The fourth game doesn't really have mutch of a storry, it's mostly just grinding and completing quests. I wish they never released the fourth game on the 3ds.
Thinking back, I must have enjoyed it mostly for the sound track. Also, minimal grinding when the game is set to easy. Also, got the dlc for free :)

*Edit* just realized you weren't talking about untold

Last edited by Potato hoarder,

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
Thinking back, I must have enjoyed it mostly for the sound track. Also, minimal grinding when the game is set to easy. Also, got the dlc for free :)

*Edit* just realized you weren't talking about untold

The first and second remakes for the 3ds are amazing, no doubt about it.

veekay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went 4 - 1 - 2. I enjoyed them all, but after having started on 4 I did miss a lot from 1 and 2 that was missing or changed. Having said that, I'd also start with 1 and 2, but definitely don't leave out 4.

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
I went 4 - 1 - 2. I enjoyed them all, but after having started on 4 I did miss a lot from 1 and 2 that was missing or changed. Having said that, I'd also start with 1 and 2, but definitely don't leave out 4.

Once I started with the fourth game I was hoping it had details about the first two games remade for the 3ds, but alas the game never sheds light on the two games.

VincentBeasley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'd say Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl as well. But avoid the story and go classic mode. Classic mode plays like the older games but with all the 3ds enhancements so you get a feel for where the games are coming from. Plus the story is trash. Putting story in a Etrian Odyssey game is like taking the story OUT of metal gear lol

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Untold is good and the story is somewhat charming. If you want to replay it, beating it once unlocks the gunner/highlander classes for classic mode.

4 is good, too.

The DS games have aged awfully.

Just pick either Untold or 4 and have fun with it. Untold's gonna be easier to pick up, but have less wiggle room for playing around with classes.

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
Just so every one knows the 5th installment of the Etrian series is coming out for the 3ds in japan this year, other country's might not get the game until 2017.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1