Hardware where to sell a Switch 128GB nand

nathone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I upgraded my switch EMMC to 128GB, then again now to 256GB but now don't need my switch nand board with a 128GB EMMC chip on it.
The Switch reddit doesn't seem to have a trading section but links to here, however the sale section here now seems to be offline, and idea on where I should go to sell it?
I want to sell it to someone who knows what it is, and not have to tutor ebay buyers through a nand restore and re-partitioning a drive in linux.

Any advice on where you guys would go much appreciated.

Reactions: Witalka_Shelby

nathone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You need 100 posts to access the trade section.
Sadly I don't know anywhere else to sell something like that, other than maybe eBay and hoping no one reports it.

Aha that makes sense, would it be in breach of Ebay's rules i wonder..

nathone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't see why it would violate Ebay's rules unless it had games already installed on it, which would be pointless as they wouldn't work on a different Switch.
That's true, I would also be worried of people buying it thinking it was a drop-in replacement and claiming a full refund (and keeping the item) when they found out they need to do the back/restore/extend process. It isn't very beginner friendly yet.

Zonark

Zonark - Noun - A God
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How much are you trying to get for it anyways I thought those were almost worthless since it’s a reflowed addon

nathone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How much are you trying to get for it anyways I thought those were almost worthless since it’s a reflowed addon
not sure why it would be worthless, I have done most of the hard work, but its now a drop-in replacement for someone else.
You are wondering about long term reliability?

Zonark

Zonark - Noun - A God
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure why it would be worthless, I have done most of the hard work, but its now a drop-in replacement for someone else.
You are wondering about long term reliability?
Yeah that’s my main concern I’ve actually thought about doing this myself but afraid it’ll lower it’s value... could be wrong given you technically have taken the hard part out. (These adds on mobile are terrible... can’t type anything) when you get into the sale section get a hold of me I’m familiar with the gpart tool and everything

nathone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah that’s my main concern I’ve actually thought about doing this myself but afraid it’ll lower it’s value... could be wrong given you technically have taken the hard part out. (These adds on mobile are terrible... can’t type anything) when you get into the sale section get a hold of me I’m familiar with the gpart tool and everything
Sure,
The good thing about this way is that you remove the old nand board completely, in my case before I hacked my switch, so if i want to go online and give up CFW I can just switch nand board back over and its all nicely separated, with no soldering needed.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to sell it to someone who knows what it is, and not have to tutor ebay buyers through a nand restore and re-partitioning a drive in linux.

Good luck with that.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night