shark1987

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was just trying to figure out where I should put the DSOrganize files on my mem card? I'm thinking anywhere would work and then I can use moonshell to launch it, but I'd also like to know how to make it where DSOrganize is the default media player from the R4 dashboard screen. Also just general info on what some of the important files are on the R4 and what you can do/change on them.

Is there a tutorial or guide about this stuff because I would think it would help out alot of the people that just got the R4 to have one.
nds.gif

EDIT: Also what do I do with the DLDI patch for DSOrganize? I've downloaded both but what do I do with the patch, it has a .dldi extension?

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I took the parts you need from the faq

QUOTE said:
3.2 Patching
------------
First off we need the patcher, and the correct library. These can be found here
http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/
You need the DLDI for the M3 Simply, and you also need the correct dlditool for your OS. I use the command line Win32 tool - but there is a nice GUI version of this now if you want to use this.

Whatever you use, the process is the same. The patcher simply takes the .nds file and uses the dldi file to patch it with the correct IO commands for that particular device.

When it's done - you can simply chuck the newly patches .nds file on the memory card and run it!

DSorganize
QUOTE4.3.1 Installation
------------------
The latest version 2.45b supports DLDI, so runs fine on the M3 Simply, as long as it's patched. Download the .zip file and unzip it. Again we need to patch the .nds file, so use the DSOrganize.nds file and patch away. This can then be transferred to your desired location on the memory card. \Applications\Organiser (Yes, I'm English, and I'll use and s not a z!)

You also then need to copy the DSOrganize folder to the root of your memory card too. (I suggest not changing the name of this one, as the program looks in this exact location!) I have also removed all the irrelevant folders from this, (todo, lang) and also the Espanola language file in the help. It's also a good idea to hide this folder in the Windows file system, so it won't appear in your game loader menu.

In this folder there is also a config.ini file. Open this up in notepad and have a look. It basically controls how the program works, which screen it displays first etc, and also your IRC connection strings. It's well commented, play about with it and see what it all does.

It is then ready to go.

As for making the middle button in the R4 menu boot DSorganize instead of moonshell, delete this file from the card '_DS_MSHL.NDS' and rename the DSorganize.nds to that (_DS_MSHL.NDS) and you're off to go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse