Hacking Where to place 6.2.0 keys in order to use Atmosphere?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's really only two to three-ish ways the keys get out:
- They get leaked (which is unlikely)

I think this is the most likely. How long it takes and who leaks them is another matter. It may be leaked by someone else who figures out how to extract them.

They are more likely to be leaked once SX supports 6.2

Treeko

Trophies
XP
Country
The fact that nintendo was able to pull this off without a hardware revision + also the scene having full control of the switch amazes me, ninty isn't joking around with the switch I guess, without the rcm vulnerability the switch would probably be completely shutdown to homebrew.

stewacide

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As much as it sucks, it is their choice whether or not to share the exploit that they found. Hopefully they'll share it with us in the near future.

If what's needed for CFW is just the keys, and someone has a private exploit to grab them, and is leaking the keys, then isn't it better for the community he keep the exploit private? Nintendo won't know what to patch in future firmware updates.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for bumping such an old thread, but thought it's better to do this than create another one making the forums untidy.

I'm about to wipe my console back to factory and start fresh with just Atmosphere and ditch sxos and some over bits I no longer need

I'd just like to clarify the correct locations for placing keys.txt and prod.keys

For some reason I have..
keys.txt on the root of my sd card
prod.keys on the root of my sd card
keys.txt in the folder of Tinfoil/Lithium
keys.txt in the folder of GoldLeaf
prod.keys in the Atmosphere folder

Do I have all these correct or can I remove them because they will all look in the same place for them ?

I am trying to de clutter so if anything stands out as unnecessary please lmk OR if you think I'm missing the file from any location

Thanks in advance

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry for bumping such an old thread, but thought it's better to do this than create another one making the forums untidy.

I'm about to wipe my console back to factory and start fresh with just Atmosphere and ditch sxos and some over bits I no longer need

I'd just like to clarify the correct locations for placing keys.txt and prod.keys

For some reason I have..

Do I have all these correct or can I remove them because they will all look in the same place for them ?

I am trying to de clutter so if anything stands out as unnecessary please lmk OR if you think I'm missing the file from any location

Thanks in advance
You don't need prod.keys to boot atmosphere under normal circumstances.

Reactions: peteruk

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

For some reason I have..

Thanks in advance
You can take them all out as none of them are needed anymore. Atmosphere only needed keys in-between release builds if you compiled it yourself, TinFoil/Lithium no longer need the file, nor does GoldLeaf. Also, prod.key and keys.txt are the same file just renamed.

Reactions: peteruk

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can take them all out as none of them are needed anymore. Atmosphere only needed keys in-between release builds if you compiled it yourself, TinFoil/Lithium no longer need the file, nor does GoldLeaf. Also, prod.key and keys.txt are the same file just renamed.

Thanks for the clarification, appreciate your help as always mate :)

Thank you also @Ev1l0rd for replying

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==