Hacking Where to perchase a replacement micro-sd card slot

peppers

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The card slot don't work so good (cyclo-ds hardware is pretty much crap) I want to replace the Micro-sd card slot with a clicky micro-sd slot.

Where can I buy a replacement part mirco-sc card slot that clicks in and out?

Or where can a buy a very cheap device that has a clicky micro-sd card slot I can take one from?

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty interested in this too. Haven't found any part suppliers with this kind of thing.

Might want to ask on the official CycloDS forums but I don't know if you'd get any good responses there either.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I never knew you could just replace the MicroSD reader part just like that. O___o I guess you can try getting it from another flashcart which have spring-loaded slots like the M3Real or something?

Anyway, spring-loaded slots are great and all but they are a pain in the neck if they break. I can understand the Cyclo's slot can get annoying since it can be hard to take the card out, but the slot wears down after a while so it gets easier, and it never breaks.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
i would just buy a $5.45 ttds from DX and swap the sd slots
(remember to use your de-soldering braid
wink.gif
)

peppers

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dose the toptoy have a spring loaded slot? They are my preference, I can get a non spring loaded slot from a card reader as they are even cheaper.

(BTW no worry's I have a hot air rework station and I know how to use it)

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Spring loaded microSD slots have a higher tendency to break, and I couldn't imagine why you would want one over a non-spring loaded one.
If your problem the fact that it's hard to take the microSD out, then don't worry, because that problem is normal for new Cyclos and will go away over time.

peppers

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we must use metafores.

The problem is my carts slot is a hallway and the SD card is the hot-dog. It needs laser rejuvenation.

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah it doesn't take long to wear down so much that you find the sd shaking loose while its been in your pocket/bag in sleep mode or you just put the thing down a little heavily. Irksome. It makes the EZV's side loading slot look quite the clever design, best of both worlds.

kiwovo

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
my cyclods doesn't have spring..
how come urs do?
bought it like 2 years ago (or 1.5?) from realhotstuff.com

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You're misunderstanding the topic. He's saying he wants to replace his microSD slot with a spring-loaded one because he does not like the default, non spring-loaded one.
And as far as I know, there are no fake Cyclos if that's what you were worried about.

pjoneszdsi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had good luck with a company called Gameplayfun.com. They had a special on the Cyclo card which was the cheapest I could fine. They gave me free shipping too! They have lots of the other cards commonly looked for too. What I actually like best about this company is that they are located in the USA. I am in New Mexico so I like this about them. Anyway I hope this helps anyone out there in search of a reliable company.

pjoneszdsi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had good luck with a company called Gameplayfun.com. They had a special on the Cyclo card which was the cheapest I could fine. They gave me free shipping too! They have lots of the other cards commonly looked for too. What I actually like best about this company is that they are located in the USA. I am in New Mexico so I like this about them. Anyway I hope this helps anyone out there in search of a reliable company.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol