Where to import a US wii From?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by The_Cylon_Surfer, Feb 8, 2007.

Feb 8, 2007
  1. The_Cylon_Surfer
    OP

Member The_Cylon_Surfer GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Now that $ony has shut down Lik-Sang does anyone know of a reliable company to purchase a US Wii from? I am sick of the PAL region code and now plan to sell my UK Wii + games and grab a US one.

Any takers....??? :S

2. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Dude, people in the US can't get a US Wii right now. Go eBay and find a seller willing to ship internationally. You'll pay $100 more than retail, but isn't the UK version about $100 more than in the US after currency conversion anyway?

3. toxtrepla

Newcomer toxtrepla Member

United States
    yeah...

most of my friends and family cant even get one here, so ebay would really be your only shot for a looong time.

4. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    Wiis are still hard to get hold of in the UK. You'll probably make more than the retail price for the UK wii if you sell it on ebay.

5. Darkforce

Former Staff Darkforce DERP!

United Kingdom
    Popular places to import a Wii over at ntsc-uk have been videogameplus.ca and dvdboxoffice.com, and other sites like importmadness.com might be worth a look.

Due to demand, any site you do order from though I recommend you actually email/phone and ask if they have stock even if the site says they have it in stock, just to double check and all.

Oh and don't forget you're technically meant to pay customs so have an extra £50 handy if you buy one, though I hear a couple of people ordering from vg+ have slipped through customs. [​IMG]

This thread on ntsc-uk has a lot of import US Wii discussion going on.

As for me I grabbed mine from ebay.com a week or so after the US launch, if you don't mind paying a tad more ebay is a fast and easy way to secure one - going price at the mo seems to be $350, add shipping and using paypals conversion rate you're probably looking at around £200, not to mention possibility of customs charge (though that's the case from buying anywhere I guess) and if you're selling your PAL Wii then you'll need either a stepdown or UK power supply remember! Though on the plus games do work out cheaper at only around $50 shipped ~ £25!

[​IMG]

6. The_Cylon_Surfer
    OP

Member The_Cylon_Surfer GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Cheers for all your help guys.

Yeah I will be selling my Wii on Ebay which should cover the costs of shipping a Ebay purchased US model over to here + any additional charges which may charged to me. I should have a Advertisment up on Ebay this morning under the seller name of 060254bike...If anyone is interested....