Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello,
I will be in Tokyo near Shinjuku for Christmas and New Year but I am not exactly sure where to go with my Girlfriend ^^

I have been in Tôkyô and Kyôtô last year already but in Summer and I still have missed a few things like 清水寺 which is supposed to be one of the best temple in Kyôtô and I haven't found the Kegon-falls when I have been in Nikko ...

We will be in Japan from 21.12.13 untill 10.01.14
I think we will go to Kyôtô for about 3 days by Night Bus ... I am still not sure about getting a JR ticket for one week as it is very expensive ... but that might save some money if we use the Shinkansen to get to Kyôtô and back in the evening so we do not have to pay for an extra Hostel, but we would have to somehow get back early enough to get back to the place we stay which might be a bad thing as most train stations close down at 10pm ...

And I am not exactly sure if what I liked in Summer is still good in Winter ...
plus I somehow need to think about the best time table so we can use our time their the best possible :)

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well I know about "many" good places trough http://www.japan-guide.com/ but there are differences if you go in Summer or Winter plus some people might know "special" places that are especially interesting at Christmas or whatever ...

I "assume" without knowing at all that at new Year, Asakusa might be very awesome as I read New Year is Celebrated highly in Japan and everyone goes to the Temple and Shrines ... but who knows ...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
In Shinjuku you can go to the Tokyo's office. it's the two-tower-building, you can't miss it.
There are two elevators (you choose north side or south side before taking it) which will take you to 50th floor in few seconds. It's a sight seeing floor open to public.
If the weather is fine you can see Tokyo very well and even Fuji san ;)

When I went (in 2002), I barely saw Fuji due to clouds and fog.
That's the only place I visited in shinjuku as far as I remember.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have a Vita, bring it with you and get Shin Gundam Musou. Also, stock up on retro games at Hard Off, Super Potato, or any of those stores.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: